Students

Would you recommend it?

I was planning on going back to school after a 3 year break in January, but then we set a date for April (could move to March or even January!). I'm not the best student, but I really want to get my degree. I work nights at a hotel full time with weekends off. I have about 3 hours at work where I just surf the internet (or plan a wedding!) but I could do homework. But, my work recently banned backpacks, big purses and even binders being brought in. (Dang housekeeper was stealing things! She ruined it for everyone!)

If we moved the wedding to January (it's possible), than I think I might be okay, but if we get married in March or April, I know I wont be able to focus. I know a lot of people do it, but I have a hard time focusing in school anyway.

Would you recommend it?
image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone

Re: Would you recommend it?

• I would just move it if you think it could be a problem. It really doesn't take that much time to plan a wedding and if I could back I would have had a much shorter engagement. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • You can plan a wedding for January. You will need to be more flexible with dates/venues and really anything you're booking, but it IS possible.

I wouldn't put off school again just to have the wedding later.
  • Get married first but def go back to school. I'm in school right now (getting married next fall) and can't concentrate on anything besides the wedding planning Embarassed
  • It's rough trying to focus, but honestly, school tends to take over before wedding planning does. Do whatever you feel is best; just don't overload yourself. So if you're worried about being able to get everything done, either don't go back yet (which is not what I would recommend) or learn how to prioritize and plan ahead. And if you do go back, don't overload yourself with credits. Take it slower until your wedding is over.
  • Either way I think you're going to be in a situation... January isn't very far away in wedding planning-terms, which I know would stress me out. April gives you a couple extra months to get things done. But... if you know you're not going to do well in school if you have a wedding as a distraction, I'd plan for January because school should come first (emphasis on the "should")

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards