Military Brides
Options

Intro... kind of

I’m not new to the board but I have been gonna a while.  Our deal ... I’ve been a Navy wife for 9 years, had our ‘original’ wedding planned & paid for to be held in May 2002.  9.11 took place and everyone was told no leave till further notice.  Needless to say we had to call off the wedding - thankfully got all but the DJ deposit back (always said the check was in the mail).  Him and I were overseas and decided to marry with a local pastor end of April ’02.  I planned a vow renewal for our one year to be held in 2003.  Leave pulled at last minute that time - this time all deposits returned J  In ’08 started planning for a vow renewal in 2009 because both his and my grandfathers were sick and we wanted them to be a part.  But they encouraged us not to rush it so I stopped planning.  Fast forward to today ... I’m back and planning again J  Made my dear hubby pinky promise no going back this time.  haha  No exact day picked yet but will be in June 2012 - our 10 year anniversary is in April.  Thankfully I’m crazy and kept my binder from previous planning so it is a breeze so far.

Can’t wait to get to know you all here now!  

Re: Intro... kind of

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back.  I'm sorry your plans have been broken up so many times.  I probably would have given up a long time ago.  I hope it works out for you this time.  

What does your H do in the Navy?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Back!!

Wow, that was a lot of drama. I'm impressed by your diligance! I would have just said "it's not in the cards" and given up for you. Congrats on your marriage!! I love to meet Military Wives who have been married for a while, I don't know if that quite came out right, I'm sure someone else can say it better..
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards