New York-Upstate

The State Room in Albany?

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I live in NYC, but will be getting married upstate near my hometown. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about The State Room? We are going to visit in November, but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else had gone to see it or was considering having their wedding there.

Thanks!

Re: The State Room in Albany?

• burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! the state room on the top floor you mean?
    Burt and Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    I went to The State Room last winter to check it out with my girlfriend when she looked at reception venues. While she and her fiance did choose a different location, I have to say that the staff there was absolutely lovely, and were very much interested in customizing the entire experience completely to the bride and groom. If you're looking for a place where you can come up with some really unique ideas and make it very personal, it may be right for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its OK as ok goes - there are better places..the layout is a little cookey and the room tight...the only thing is the view otherwise its a long haul for guests up to the top floor and smokers have to go all the way down to the outside to smoke etc;
    I would rate it 4 out of 10
    Burt and Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    The State Room is beautiful. My Fiance and I checked it out and it is a lovely room and the staff is very nice.  The man who owns it is also the Chef and he seems very willing to customize the packages for you.  The only issue I had, and a reason that we are not going with The state Room, the ceremony and reception are in the same room, as well as the cocktail hour.  He said that they change over is seamless and you wouldnt even notice, but it didnt set well with me.  Check out Frankiln Plaza in Troy...its a beautiful, romantic and regal place....Im not just saying that since its where we chose ;)
  • Sabrajoi1Sabrajoi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Inside, it is very nice. I have been there for many events. However, when planning my wedding, I did not even consider the State Room because of the area. If your into the city style wedding - then it is the perfect venue. My fiance and I were looking for something a little more country - so we went to Rexford (20 minutes from Albany). There are lots of great venues outside of the city limits! 
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year and the food was AMAZING.
  • mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks stunning, and very sophisticated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TinyTina1985TinyTina1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to come back and thank everyone for responding. We have decided to go with the Franklin Plaza and couldn't be happier. Thanks to sjkuhn33 for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards