Getting in Shape

Running shoes

Hey ladies!
I have decided that I want to run a 5k sometime this summer, so I started running last night... I had to stop after about 1 1/4 mile, mostly due to the fact that my ankles were hurting. I don't think my sneakers were really made for running, so I'm looking for recommendations for some really awesome running sneakers. I'd like to spend less than $100 if that's possible. Thanks!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Running shoes

• Every foot is different.  I love my Asics, but they might be foot damaging to you.  The only way to properly pick shoes for running is to go to a store where they can fit you for a shoes specific to your foot and needs.

i actually lucked out and ended up with a $40 pair after they fit me.
  • I agree with Anna, I went and got fitted at Running Room and it has made a world of difference for my feet, ankles and knees! I have Brooks Glycerin shoes, and they were 180.. But worth every penny!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like Anna said the running store knows best. I have Lunar Glide (NIke) for cross training but my running shoes are Mizuno Prophecy which are about 200 (best damn shoe in the world just costly)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I LOVE my Asics!! I have ran 5ks, 10ks, and half marathons  and by far, these shoes have never given me shin splints, sore calves, or anything. I have tried Nike and NB and nothing worked. Asics are light, flexable, and really conform to your foot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love my Mizunos, and I would have told you I loved Brooks until I got fitted ;)  So yes, ditto what everyone has said about getting fitted because really, everyone's feet are different.  Make sure when you get fitted that they not only watch you walk but watch you RUN.  That's where the difference between the Brooks and the Mizunos came in for me.  

Both pairs I spent between 100-140 for.  Originally I hated spending a ton on shoes but after injuries and torn muscles mainly due to improper footwear I learned to spend a bit more for a comfortable run!
  • Nike seems to be best for my feet for running. You really need to go in a try different kinds, make sure you go later in the day as well because shoes will fit different after you've been up and on your feet. I actually need to go find new shoes for the boxing classes I've been taking. My Nike are not going to cut it. We do agility and plyo's. So new shoes for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have Vibrams. They are amazing.. But I only trail run so I can't vouch for them on the concrete (nor do I suggest concrete running for minimalist shoes in general) 
  • Thanks ladies! I went to the store and they recommended a few different ones, but I ended up going with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12s. I ran with them tonight and I think I like them a lot.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Go to a running store and have a gait analysis. Shoes are everything in running :).
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards