Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

non-traditional ceremony music ideas

Hey everyone - we're having a non-traditional ceremony, outside of the church. Our options for music is to play something off our ipad. Does anyone have any suggestions for music We can walk up to and walk out to? I don't want the traditional Canon in D, etc. I'm looking for something more modern. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Thanks everyone!

Re: non-traditional ceremony music ideas

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Do you have any favorite songs or music that might work (consider the lyrics before you choose something!). I walked to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, my girls walked to "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles," and our Recessional was "Star Wars: Throne Room," all performed by a string trio.   Are you looking to use insturmental versions of the songs?  You can always Google for sites that you can hear a lot of different types of music played that way and see what you like. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I had my bridesmaids walk out to a piano version of All You Need is Love. I randomly found it on iTunes. It's by Piano Tribute Players.

I walked out to an instrumental version of La Vie En Rose, also randomly found on iTunes. It's by Alden David.

For our recessional we used You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne. It's a bit slower than I originally wanted, but I just love the song so decided to go with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards