Canada-Ontario

Jai Bridal - Problems?

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has purchased a gown from Jai's Bridal.  I think I have found THE dress, but was recently told that it is a terrible company to order from.  Just seeing if anyone has had a bad experience... or even a good one with this company.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jai Bridal - Problems?

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that a salon?  I haven't dealt with them, but if you're concerned, maybe see if you can buy the dress from a different store?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jai Bridal is a manufacturer, isn't it?

The feedback you got is interesting, because you wouldn't order your dress directly from Jai Bridal... but through the store. Not saying that the feedback isn't true, but I'm curious what was the exact problem was. Perhaps the person who told you this was actually having a problem the store, not the manufacturer.

I'd advise that you find a good STORE with a good reputation for customer service. A good store would do their best to resolve any issues with the manufacturers. I see on their website, for example, that Chris & Tina's carries Jai Bridal dresses. Chris & Tina's has a great reputation and I personally have had nothing but positive experiences with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • KatieV10KatieV10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Ladies!
    To answer your questions... the company is a manufacturer and ring_pop, I was talking to a woman who works at a bridal store and she was the one who told me about the problems that they have had with brides ordering from there.  She said that 3 of 4 brides didn't receive their dresses, and a few others had to call after 6 months to see where their's were.  That is not something that I wanted to hear... so now I don't know if I should take the chance and hope everything works out, or just look for a different dress altogether.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's interesting... you'd think that the shop would stop carrying their dresses if they were having so much trouble with that manufacturer! And why should the bride have to call the manufacturer, shouldn't the shop have taken care of that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once you know the name and  style number of the dress you can shop it around at other stores. You never know, you may end up getting it for a better price!
  • KatieV10KatieV10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your input... I have called a few more shops and have been hearing the same thing about the manufacturer.  Apparently they own a few companies such as Jade Daniels, Alfred Sung, Elegance Bridals and another one.  There were problems with managment and dresses were being ordered but not made.  That being said, I have decided to go with a different designer... dress is very similar but is made by Private Label by G.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards