New Jersey

Registry Locations

Hey girls,

My fiance and I plan to register at Macy's and Bed, Bath & Beyond between Christmas and New Year's since we both took off of work that week.

While I have both stores here in Staten Island, I'm not too crazy about their selections or customer service.

If you registered at these stores, do you mind telling me at which stores in NJ you registered and your experiences there? I know I'm probably going to add things online, but I want to have some good choices in the stores as well.

Thanks for your help!

Danielle

Re: Registry Locations

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I registered at the Bed Bath over on Rt 4 (by the ikea in Paramus) The lady who helped us was lovely! She basically got a rolling cart and let us choose things we liked and set "the table" on the rolling cart so we could see our pieces together.
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in mind its probably madness there on the weekends so first thing in the AM (before people go in and make a mess) during the week is the best time to go.
  • dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! We'll probably go on a weekday to avoid the weekend craziness Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Macys in freehold on black friday to add stuff to my regiistry and they were super helpful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Herald Square Macy's, which was terrific and they have everything you could possibly want there. The only problem is that the housewares are split across a few different floors so there's a lot of taking elevators up and down.

As far as BB&B, I would NOT recommend the one I went to - Jersey City. I had a hard time getting anyone to even help us set up the registry let alone providing any additional help, and they didn't have a lot of things in stock.   We ended up doing most of it online.  There is a BB&B on Route 3 - Clifton maybe?- that has a much better selection.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I went to short hills macy's but it was transitioning for the holidays so my experience wasn't the best since not everything was readily available. If you can, try to wait until after xmas.  I may start BBB at the one in si on the south shore near home depot. If you find a good location in jersey, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Macy's in Short Hills and it kinda sucked. They had such a small selection. I ended up finishing up my registry at Bridgewater - love that one! All BBB are the same to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I registered at Macys at Paramus Park.  I loved the lady I worked with ( I think Helen was her name) She was extremely pleasant, patient, and helpful.  We decided to go there over Garden State because we wanted a calmer atmosphere, which it definitely was!

Didn't register at BBB but when my sister did she used the one in Paramus by Ikea.  
  • DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to BBB twice with the scanner - once to Wayne and once to Paramus.  They both had a pretty good selection.  The first time we registered was at the one in Wayne, and a woman walked around with us for awhile to help us out with all the essentials.  Then she left the scanner to us to finish.
  • dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Lola, I'm a little cautious about the BBB on the south shore because my cousin registered there and the woman was a little too helpful. Like walking around with them scanning things and complaining when my cousin said she didn't need to register for china. Then again, my cousin and her fiance are pretty passive people and wouldn't tell the woman to step back, like my fiance and I would lol.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    registered online and just added when i went to the stores if i had to. 
  • edited December 2011
    The BBB in Millburn/ Short Hills is teriffic. Very helpful but not overly so. A friend of mine in Florida mentioned that the woman helping them at BBB practically forced them to register for china as well... how annoying! We started our registry at the BBB in Watchung (do not recommend), then added stuff online, then went to the Millburn location which I loved. As for Macy's, we looked in both Bridgewater and Short Hills but did most of the stuff online. I just don't have the patience for Macy's sometimes... except that when we started our registry we went to one of the "Scan and Sip" events which was kind of fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards