North Carolina-Outer Banks

Dress Fitting Timeline

Hello :)
I have a random question about dress fittings. I ordered my wedding dress in August, it came in at the end of November. Alfred Angelo called me and tried to set up a Dec. 5th fitting for me. My wedding is april 27, 2012. I couldn't do it then and just made my 1st app. for Jan 17th.  But the woman on the phone acted as though I was outrageously behind the times because it will take at least 3 fittings.  I know that you have 3 fittings but I thought that you usually did one 6 weeks before the wedding, then 4 weeks and the final one 2 weeks before. What do you all think?  She got me worriedUndecided

Re: Dress Fitting Timeline

• Ohhhhh don't get me started on AA!  I will never send a bride to the Richmond store....ever again!  The customer service was appalling and the manager's attitude was beyond disgusting.

I did not have any fittings with AA and took my gown home with me when it first came in and my mother did everything. She is a master seamstress and even though I didn't need a lot of alterations, I wasn't giving any more business to that store b/c of their poor customer service. 

Bridal shops will convince you that you need to order your dress the minute you find it even if your wedding isn't for another year or or so b/c they work off commission and want the sale then and there.  Same thing goes for alterations.

Don't worry, you have plenty of time and don't let the lady on the phone worry you.  I would probably schedule my 2nd fitting as soon as they call and say it's ready to go or do it sometime in early to mid-March and then your last one in early to mid-April.  When it comes to your gown, it's definitely better to be on the safer side of things in case there is something major that needs to be done. 

Time is your friend on this one ;)

• I have to agree with OBX on this. You don't need to worry, your timeline is correct on the fittings.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Yeah, I got my dress at Pronovias here in NYC in September, my wedding is June 23rd, and they made my first fitting appt. onl March 30th - they don't recommend any earlier in case you loose weight before the wedding, etc.!  Sounds like they are trying to get you to spend more money with alterations (I'm assuming they charge you per visit?).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed.  2-3 fittings starting at about 6-8 weeks out.  Wolfie, I LOVED the Pronovias.  It was a close contender for me.

• They must be crazy trying to fit you that early!  My wedding is May 5th, and I am not having bridal portraits.  The store I ordered from said to give them 4-6 weeks, and that was all they needed.  I am going in late March to have mine fitted.  
  • Whats AA? I bought my dress in Richmond as well and I hate the Store! Jingles Bridal. They lack in costumer service and when ever I call it seems like no one ever knows what is going on!! ITS Horrible!! I need alterations and I want to make the neckline a sweat heart. I am really scared to let them do it at the store, but dont know what else to do! But as for the time line they said they could start alterations in mid march no sooner and my wedding is also May 5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards