Michigan-Lansing

Does anyone know of Joe Todd?

he owns the Grand Loft in Grand ledge, and he is also a DJ. I was wondering if anyone has done any business with him or had any weddings/reviews. There are no reviews of the Grand loft on the sister site of the knot, so I was wondering if anyone has any personal reviews or someone they know.
:3

Re: Does anyone know of Joe Todd?

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know Joe is the owner of Push Play DJs.  We've hired him for my daughter's wedding in July.  His DJ service has gotten good reviews and he seemed very down to earth when we met.

I think the Grand Loft is a fairly new enterprise so it's not surprising that you can't find any reviews.

Sorry I can't be more help.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Joe's Dj company Push Play DJs for our wedding; he was great when we met with him. When we met with him he had just bought the loft and we were able to see it, I know there is also a facebook page; if not for the loft for the DJ company with pictures of the loft. There were also quite a few good reviews about him on the boards under Push Play DJs. Hope this helps a little.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah this helps a lot! thank you everyone :)
    :3
  • edited December 2011
    He was the DJ for my sons wedding and I don't recommend him.  He played the wrong songs during specific portions of the reception, he played a completely inappropriate (dirty) song when the bride danced with the minister, he didn't play the music requested by the bride and groom that was agreed upon prior to the wedding day, he never attempted to prompt the cake cutting ceremony, the bride / groom first dances, or any other portion of the reception.  Basically he charged $1000 to play the music he wanted to play for a few hours and put forth no further effort and then leave early.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Karen.  Thanks for posting but please tell us more about yourself.  How old is your son?  Where did he get married and what other vendors did he use?  Any pictures?  Do you like your daughter in law?

While we love it when new posters join, it's rather difficult to believe a review of a vendor when the poster just joined yestereday and only has one post.

Also, this thread is 5 months old and buried in the board so I find it interesting that you sought out this one particular thread to comment on.... hmm.
  • We just used the Grand Loft in Grand Ledge for my daughters wedding, that Joe owns and runs. He ran the photo booth and one his DJ'S ran the music. The night was ran professionally and smoothly, basically when we arrived at the event, we were done and the pre planning that was done ahead of time was executed and we sat back and enjoyed ourselves! The building is beautiful and the atmosphere is great! I would recommend the venue and Joe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards