African American Weddings

New to This Board!

Hello everyone!!  I'm new to this board and it's my first post!  I've been registered and lurking for awhile though.  Hoping to getting to know ya'll and trade some ideas about wedding planning!  I'm still very early in the wedding planning process....my wedding isn't until the summer of 2014 most likely. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New to This Board!

• welcome :)
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome to the board! You will definitely get great ideas here and you can also come here when you need to vent!!

Happy planning!
  • Welcome to the best board on the Knot 

ur Lurking days are over lol!
  • congrats and welcome!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Welcome, Congrats and happy planning !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Welcome to the best board on the Knot!!! You picked the BEST board!!! LOL! Congratulations on your engagement. Tell us more about how he proposed and your wedding plans, hopes, and dreams LOL! 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Welcome to the board.  Looking forward to seeing how your wedding plans develop. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Welcome to the board. Tell us about you hun! What city are you in? How long have you and FI fianc been together? How did he propose? Dish girlie
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Welcome and Congratulations!

Now...jump right in Smile
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations and Welcome to the boards. Feel free to jump in and ask us anything...
  • Welcome!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Heyyyyyy Girl... Welcome; I was a lurker for a minute as well and decided to come out of my shell.. These girls are sooo helpful..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WELCOME!!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!

as others have said..this is an AMAZING BOARD!!! knotties are very helpful and non-judgemental... such a PLUS...

sit back and relax... you will be sucked in before you know it and you will here everyday..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • hi again ladies!  A lil info about myself

I'm orginally from Houston, TX but am currently residing in Orlando, FL for grad school and yes I am away from my baby (He's back home in Houston, so it's very hard).  We've been engaged since December 2011, but I had not really been actively planning the wedding b/c I want to try to get a good year under my belt in grad school before i jump in the whole wedding process.  Right now I'm just gathering ideas, and making note of what I like and don't like....that way when it comes time for decisions to be made, I can already know what I want and just write the check lol. 

My fiance is orginally from Jamaica, he came to the states to further his studies.  We met in Chemistry class and had chemistry!  (<---corny i know lol).  I was taking the chem class as a prerequisite for grad school and he was taking it so that he could obtain his Bachelors in Civil Engineering. 

Me and Luke have been together since March 2010.  Like I said before we've been engaged since December 2011 (I'm registered in July 2011, so I knew it was coming within the year lol).  But he proposed to me at my parents house (they were in another room, we were alone).  We were just in kitchen talking (earlier he said that he wanted to go to a pastry shop) and I asked him "Why did you want to go to a pastry shop earlier?  You don't like sweets" (<--my suspicion was on the rise, the poor boy can't lie to me or surprise me for nothing lol). He replied "Becase I was going to ask you to marry me". So then he brings out the ring and says the magical words lol "Will you marry me? Will you be my wife?" I said of course!  And this is the only moment he has actually tricked me......he put one of my old rings in the box in place of the actual ring! I was so ecstatic that he had finally asked me, I didn't even realize that was one my rings that I had in my jewelry box. So then he said, "Danielle....you know this is your ring right?  This isn't the ring I bought for you, I had your sister go into your room and get a different ring to see if you noticed!" (Shock and awe was all over my face).  Then he pulls out the actual ring out of his coat pocket and places it on my finger!

Whoo!  that was alot of typing!
  • Awww! Is the wedding in Houston or Orlando? Are you at UCF?
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • The wedding will be in Houston.  No, not in grad school at UCF, I'll PM you!

• Sweet story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Thanks for the backstory! Welcome to the best board!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Congratulations & Happy Planning. There is a lot of support on this board. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards