Registry and Gift Forum

BB&B, is this common?

I went to a bridal show last month and set up an appt. to register at BB&B a few months from now. They send email ads every few days, which is fine, I can read or delete, no big deal. When I read the email from them today, I noticed that they had a link to my wedding website (it's not operational yet, we're just playing and it's not visible to guests) I clicked the link and they had added BB&B to my registries! My website is password protected, how did they do that? Is this okay? Can they change anything else? I don't know my website name off the top of my head so I know I didn't give them the info, is this common for vendors? I'm still so surprised, I don't even know if I'm angry yet.
Anyone else think this is strange?

Re: BB&B, is this common?

• That doesn't seem normal.
  • Can you edit your website to remove the registry info?

My guess is that it's probably the website company, NOT BB&B.  Some wedding webpages automatically link to the major registries.  You should be able to edit the webpage to remove it if you don't want it on there.  But there's nothing WRONG with the registry being on your webpage.
    DSC_9275
  • It is the host of your wedding website. Contact them. It is just another way free hosts make money.
  • I have never heard of this... it certainly didn't happen to us.
    Which web host are you using?
  • I only made a wedding website here on the knot and never linked or put my registry info on the website.  But TK's giftregistry360.com knows that I'm registered at both BB&B and Macys.  If I click on My Knot above, it says in the upper right corner where I'm registered and asks me to link my registries to giftregistry360.com.

I don't think this is BB&B, it's probably the website's server.
  • I have The Knot's free website. I guess it makes sense for TK to add it to make $ but I don't want to become compulsive, checking it all the time to see what else was added!
    It's still too early for us to register, I've just been playing with myregistry.com, adding things as we see them but we haven't done much else. Maybe I'll ditch BB&B and pick Macy's instead. It seems to have better sales anyway. Plus they haven't mysteriously shown up on my registry.
  • Some of them will link them - some of them will even link private ones.  You need to call to get it removed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bbb-is-this-common?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:13350078-342d-4ab8-9f20-6ce4a22a0747Post:8eae2f58-b039-42a6-a5d4-af5b21872dff">Re: BB&B, is this common?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have The Knot's free website. I guess it makes sense for TK to add it to make $ but I don't want to become compulsive, checking it all the time to see what else was added! It's still too early for us to register, I've just been playing with myregistry.com, adding things as we see them but we haven't done much else. Maybe I'll ditch BB&B and pick Macy's instead. It seems to have better sales anyway. Plus they haven't mysteriously shown up on my registry.
    Posted by mauraacro[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If it links to BB&B, then it will probably link to Macy's as well.  If you don't want registry info on your website, then edit it and remove the registry stuff.  Or use a different webpage service (you may need to pay for one if you don't want it to have adds and stuff).  

</div>
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards