Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

No children please!

We want our wedding to be adults only, since it's destination and we are paying for a lot more than the average wedding. Can we put this info on the save the dates, website, invite, all of the above, etc??

Re: No children please!

• Options
    Not exactly. Spread the info via word of mouth On your website include a FAQ section where you state if you will be providing childcare for your guests with children or perhaps say, "For guests with children, please call the bride and groom for local babysitter recommendations. " You cannot state who is not welcome.
  • Options
    We chose not to invite children, and I made it clear on the website that this was the case:

"Gondola access is limited to only a few times during the evening, which makes the ceremony and reception unsuitable for small children.  If you require a babysitter for the evening, the resort is able to provide contact information for local babysitters".

I really think communication is key, and by simply leaving kids' names off of the invites, you're making an assumption that people know what you mean.  I'd say that it's better to be upfront and straight forward if it is really important to you that children don't attend.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9eefad19-ca0a-4d18-ba4b-3e5d764258c7Post:f940e983-cf71-4dd5-bd59-b0080a9ab8d4">Re: No children please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We chose not to invite children, and I made it clear on the website that this was the case: "Gondola access is limited to only a few times during the evening, which makes the ceremony and reception unsuitable for small children.  If you require a babysitter for the evening, the resort is able to provide contact information for local babysitters". I really think communication is key, and by simply leaving kids' names off of the invites, you're making an assumption that people know what you mean.  <strong>I'd say that it's better to be upfront and straight forward if it is really important to you that children don't attend.
    </strong>Posted by natalie_134[/QUOTE]

It's against etiquette and just plain rude to point out to someone who <u>isn't</u> invited.  OP- I'd follow the other posters suggestions.  Because I'd assume guests will be booking travel around the time (if not before) RSVPing, I think word of mouth is most important in your situation
  • Options
    We are having a destination wedding as well, and definitely cannot afford 200 children! Our invitation has a line that reads:

Grownups only (bring your inner child)

The tonality goes with our playful personalities and invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9eefad19-ca0a-4d18-ba4b-3e5d764258c7Post:6c355f96-04a6-4ba5-be84-b14a08afea69">Re: No children please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a destination wedding as well, and definitely cannot afford 200 children! Our invitation has a line that reads: Grownups only (bring your inner child) The tonality goes with our playful personalities and invitations.
    Posted by ellentravis[/QUOTE]

The tone us rude, condescending and inappropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards