Texas-Austin

Dress On A Budget

Hi all! I'm trying to help my friend plan her wedding, and we are currently looking for a bridal dress. We will be shopping in Austin, but she is on a serious budget.
I am talking less than $500. Does anyone have any suggestions about where we might find dresses in her budget?

Thanks!

Re: Dress On A Budget

• You should check out sample sales. I got my dress at unbridled during their simple sale and it was 430. Unfortunately I just checked thier website and the sale was today and yesterday but they might have it fairly frequently because I bought my dress around march. Other botiques may also have sample sales it's worth checking out. Hope that helps.
  • My friend got her wedding dress at Alfred Angelo for around $500. There's one in the Arbor Walk shopping center. I went there to look for my bridesmaids dresses, and it looked like they had some sale racks of bridal gowns. The store is bigger than a boutique, so there should be several options, but not as big and overwhelming as David's Bridal. Good luck!
  • I got my Davids Bridal dress at the Salvation Army for $99 !! Also Check Craigs List...
  • I found my petticoat for my gown on Craigs List. 

$99 sale at Davids bridal has a bunch of dresses but they just were not what I was looking for. Sample sales at any small boutique can have great finds. 

Keep in mind that if alterations are needed they can cost $$. But it seems that several ladies found seamstresses in the Austin area for good prices. 

Good luck and have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm selling my dress and am willing to go as low as $500. Check out the details and pics on my craigslist post :) 

email me through craigslist if you're interested!
  • Leysin97Leysin97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Just FYI unbridled extended their sample sale through this week and thier accessory sale starts tomorrow. I'm excited hopefully they still have the veil I wanted. Good deals.
  • Take a drive down to San Antonio to visit Lisa with IdothedressIdo.com   All of her dresses are designer dresses and under $600
  • Try renting a wedding gown, 80% of Chinese and Korean brides rent, moat of them include altertions, petticoats, you dont have to worry about dry cleaning and preserving costs after and can get a very nice gown,

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_dress-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:781eff27-c7f2-4134-902d-0a7fe579fb9bPost:d0bc16f1-5caf-451c-af45-2ba18a846bc3">Dress On A Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! I'm trying to help my friend plan her wedding, and we are currently looking for a bridal dress. We will be shopping in Austin, but she is on a serious budget. I am talking less than $500. Does anyone have any suggestions about where we might find dresses in her budget? Thanks!
    Posted by girlwonder77[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards