Snarky Brides

Photo Booth

Thinking about doing a photo booth with polaroid and vintage props (hats, mustache, horn rimmed glasses).  QUESTION:  This is a bit trendy.  Think it's been overdone?   Looking for some input on whether this seems kind of gimmicky and will de-formalize things or will it make things fun for all????

Thank you!

Re: Photo Booth

• They did that at the last wedding I was at. No one really used it. It has been way overdone, IMO.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know about the Polaroid (don't think they make the film anymore) and props angle, but my brother and SIL had a 'regular' photobooth at their wedding last summer, and it was a huge hit.  Everyone took multiple photos and had a blast with it.  I'd say it depends on your guest list whether or not it would be well-received.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't mind them, but I do think it depends on your crowd. Same goes with the overdone thing. If most of your guests hang out on TK and see how many people actually do them, or if your circle has seen a lot at recent weddings, then it might be overdone, if not, you cool. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our photographer does a photo booth where they actually set up an area and have a photographer to take pictures of people, instead of just a camera sitting there.  Everyone loved it and those were, by far, some of the best pictures we got.  No props, either, unless you count limes/lemons from the centerpieces or people's drinks.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Another vote for depends on your crowd.  Some of my friends say the best weddings they've been to were so fun bc of the photobooth. 
    I personally think they are played out (and expensive!).  The last bridal expo I went to had like 5 different photobooth vendors, if that tells ya anything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're having one and I think our crowd will have a blast with it!  FI and I went to a wedding in January with the same photo booth company we'll be using and we were both super impressed.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm on the same page as others. We did one and it was a huge hit, but we knew our guests hadn't been to a wedding with a photobooth, so it was new and fun for them. The pictures are priceless and we had two strips printed, one for our guestbook and one for guests to take.
  • We did one, still waiting on my fucking pictures.

But I have loved the ones I have seen, and it was a great way to incorporate pro pics of our guests. Ours didn't have props though.
  • It's really big in the midwest right now, but really haven't seen it THAT many times. Must say though that trends take a while to make it out here to the plains! 

DD is doing it. She thinks her friends will love it!
  • I love the idea of a photobooth. I went to a wedding last summer with one and it was a huge hit. We told people we would be doing one at ours and they litterally jumped up and down they were excited. Its such a good time. Anyway...

They do make Polariod film. My only concern is that it is rather expensive. I would suggest doing the vintage theme without the polariod camera, Use something digital this way you can have a copy of the pictures for yourselves and for your guests. Plus you have more freedom as to how you want to distrubute the photos you can either upload them online or you can print them right then and there for the guests
  • Thank you for all the great input!
  • At my first wedding, we had 2 polaroid cameras and gave them to LH's two cousins, in their teens, they were our GB attendents, and they snapped pics which went into a Kolo Album. We put all the table camera snapshots in the same album when they were developed, and I love that book- so many fun/funny pics.

This time, I'm getting the full on photobooth, and I think our crowd will absolutely love it, and have a lot of fun with it- one strip they'll keep and the other goes into the GB. The photobooth company actually has an attendent with the booth to help with this, and our booth also has a video option, where people can record a message that goes on a DVD at the end of the night. :)

I think it'll be a really fun surprise for our guests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards