Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registration frustration

So...I wasn't even going to register at all. But now that I found out I am having a bridal shower, my FI and I have been trying to research where to register. We live in the middle of no where so our options are limited. We don't have anything like a Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn. It's pretty much Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Macy's. Which is completely fine. I like both of those places. Except for one thing. Dishes. All I want are casual plain white square dishes (not china). Not rounded off squares. Hard squared off dishes. The only ones I have been able to find just come in 4 piece place settings and not in sets! What is with that! I don't want to register for 12, 4 piece place settings. I feel like that is just silly and too expensive. Has anyone else run into this problem when trying to find dishes? What did you do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Registration frustration

• Options
    I've never seen anyone register for the whole set of dishes.  Normally you register for place settings.  

If you want a boxed set of dishes for 4, you'll probably want to look at something more like a Target or Walmart.  
  • Options
    Ok - Thank you. I guess I have never really paid attention when I have looked at my friend's registries before, how the dishes were registerd for. I was like what does everyone do this?? Thank you. I feel better now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It makes it more affordable.  For china, you're looking at $100/place.  No one is going to spend enough to get you the whole set, but some will spend enough to get a place setting.

With stoneware and everyday settings, you're looking at $25-50/setting.  That's pretty reasonable for a guest to spend.  On the other hand, a set of 8 is going to be a couple hundred dollars, which most people won't spend.  
  • Options
    Have you looked at the dishes at Macy's? We used to have some Villeroy and Boch square dishes from there. I'm sure there are other brands as well. 

I would prefer to buy someone a place setting rather than just one dish. It would be easier to just make one purchase and give you the place setting than have to buy each dish separately.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I know you said you'd prefer to have dishes by the piece rather than by the set, but this fits your description: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?wrn=-1555841431&SKU=126933.  We actually registered for the same dishes, but in graphite.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards