Chit Chat

Christmas gift suggestions?

I need help!

Last year my fiance and I didn't have a budget for Christmas gifts so I bought him whatever I wanted and spent well over $500.

We are on a very limited budget this year. For our families we are only buying for my two nephews and his little sister. So we set a budget for each other of $50-$100. I'm lost. I have no idea what to get the man who has everything!

We are big movie buffs, he loves/plays basketball and we love going out to eat to new places... I'm racking my brain think of stuff.  Any suggestions?

Re: Christmas gift suggestions?

• I never know what to get my husband. He has to make an Amazon wishlist that I pick from. It kind of ruins any sort of surprise, but at least I know I get him things he wants. Are tickets to a basketball game out of your price range? I don't know much about sports!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I've seen on pinterest- "a year of dates".. you can get creative with is. Wineries in my area give free tastings, so budget $15 to buy a bottle, just a brochure to show him. I think it's fun to focus on expiriences, rather that things if there isn't anything he really wants. 
  • Are you looking for basic material things, or something sentimental?
    Praying for a miracle!
  • I got my husband a dart board.  we recently bought a house and he wants one for his 'man cave'.
    I bought it at walmart with 2 packs of darts for less than $50.
  • I made my FI a photo book on Snapfish of all the things we've done this year that we took pictures of--trips, visits with family, weddings we've been to, birthdays, engagement, etc. It's something we can keep forever and look at in the years to come to remember the fun things we've done together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are HUGE celtics fans but unfortunately tickets aren't within my budget. They're expensive. And it's $35 alone just to park at the Garden. lol. And he has more basketball gear than he knows what to do with, he's been playing his whole life. We just cleaned out some closets and I made him get rid of about 7 pairs of shows.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They're all great - def have some stuff to work with now!
  • How bout Celtics DVDs? H loves basketball and has lots of old games and specials on different players.
  • I love the website www.xperience.com because it has lots of different activities and events that you can purchase for you and your fiancé to do together. I bought my fiancé and movie tour in NYC and a winery tour. There are so many types of experiences in all different price ranges.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For people that "have everything" I think it's fun to get tickets to a show or a gift card to a restaurant, or something like that.  Something you can do together!
  • bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    You say you are big movie buffs; is there a specific genre you like?

There's a Lord of the Rings Blu-ray box set out, with the extended editions and something insane amount of bonus features--like 28 hours or something. It runs about $70 I think.

Also, Citizen Kane has been remastered and released on Blu-ray recently, with bonus goodies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Does he like buying movies or renting them?
    You could get a Roku ($50) or one of those Apple TV things ($85) and a subscription to Hulu or Netflix or Amazon Prime (those are $80, so it'll put you over budget) so you guys can rent movies without leaving the house.
  • edited November 2012
    I just thought of this for my H so I'm sharing. What about a year's worth of movie tickets? You could get him a gift card to your local movie theater in the amount of 12 tickets.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • RWolffRWolff member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I got my FI a custom illustration of us as Han and Leia because he's really into Star Wars. I found an awesome artist on Etsy who does those kind of drawings. Maybe you could get him a custom drawing of him as a basketball player and you as a cheerleader or something? If you're not into the super girly stuff, it would be cute to have you dressed as a superfan, wearing his jersey number with one of those foam fingers or something!
    Anniversary
  • These are awesome ideas ladies! Thanks so much. I'm def going to be able to get creative now.

I'm starting to lean towards the movie tickets - we go to the movies A LOT!
  • I have a very hard time shopping for my FI.  He doesn't really talk about stuff he wants and if he does, it is usually something way too expensive for me to buy.  (We're talking elite computer parts that I don't even know the names for.)  

My mom always asks us for a Christmas list every year, so I have been bugging him.  So far I got a new shaver and underwear out of him.  Lol  Not sure he would want underwear from my mom.  

Something along the lines of the movie idea would be a novelty popcorn popper.  I was actually thinking about one for my mom, because she loves movie theater popcorn.  It is also one of those things you would get a person who has everything.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards