Pre-wedding Parties
Options

2 Showers?? Ideas/Opinions please!

I was wondering, if offered by a relative or someone in the area, do I have two bridal showers? Most of my extended family lives 3 hours north of where I live and a lot of our family friends live up there as well.....my personal friends and his also live around where we do. I know my BM's are planning on throwing me a shower when the time comes, and I know I'm thinking way way way in advance....do I let them throw me two showers or just invite the out of town family/friends and we can get together when we go up north? Soooo in-between thoughts right now, and I could use some input on this. Thanks!

Re: 2 Showers?? Ideas/Opinions please!

• Options
    dplettdplett member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_2-showers-ideasopinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:384daed4-8040-4786-b28c-21b6dee42b7ePost:3f566c3d-9a73-43d5-86cd-0e75a8eb5f98">2 Showers?? Ideas/Opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering, if offered by a relative or someone in the area, do I have two bridal showers? Most of my extended family lives 3 hours north of where I live and a lot of our family friends live up there as well.....my personal friends and his also live around where we do. I know my BM's are planning on throwing me a shower when the time comes, and I know I'm thinking way way way in advance....do I let them throw me two showers or just invite the out of town family/friends and we can get together when we go up north? Soooo in-between thoughts right now, and I could use some input on this. Thanks!
    Posted by NicoleLyn1218[/QUOTE]

I would say yes, if they have been offered to you and the guest list won't overlap much. 

I have actually had four showers already, but that is how it is done in my area.  Each was put on by someone for me and the guests almost didn't overlap at all.  I think the only doubly invited guests were my mom, FI's mom, and sisters.  One was put on by mine and FI's families (only family invited), one by my BMs (just close girlfriends of mine), the ladies on my street (live in a small close-knit community - tradition), and the parents of FI's best friends (for FI and I, more like a waffle party than bridal shower).  Each one was small, between 8-20 people. 

The way that I looked at it was that I was not expecting or asking for a shower or party from anyone but if they offered and everything was ok and worked out than I would accept.  It was a lot of fun because I could connect better with more people accross four parties than if everyone had been at one.
  • Options
    I am having 2 showers. My fiance's family lives about 3 hours away and I don't really expect them to travel that far just for 1 day, so his family offered to host a 2nd shower. As long as someone is offering to host it, I would definitely accept. I know it's not exactly what you had in mind, but this not something to get stressed about. Have fun!
  • Options
    Some of my family lives at least 2.5-3 hours away, and some of his family lives in Iowa....so yeah. I guess I'll see what happens when the time comes and what goes on. Awesome advice, ladies -- I really appreciate the comments. I will definitely keep that in mind and try not to feel like I'm being selfish or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards