Honeymoon Discussions

Michigan getaways

I dont want to spend all my time being on the road.. Does anyone know of any nice places in Michigan? Travel will be in June

Re: Michigan getaways

• Traverse City - wine country penninsulas especially
    Saugutuck
    Sleeping Bear Dunes
    Anywhere in the UP - Pictured Rocks, especially
    Manistee

What season? 
  • sorry it will be in June
  • Mackinac.  ABsoLUTEly Mackinac.
    http://www.mackinac.com/
    You don't have to stay at the Grand Hotel - which is pricey.  There are plenty of other places to stay, and tons of things to do.
  • Has any one stayed at an bed & Breakfast? I was looking at a couple in Fennville,MI
  • If you're into the outdoors, the Porcupine Mountains are beautiful. But you'd be camping and such. 
  • You might want to ask this question on the various Michigan boards, where local brides hang out.

Since you are talking about June, the weather will be nice, but the beaches & water may still be cold. We are surrounded by lakes, so you can choose anywhere.

I personally love Saugatuck, which is like a small New England town, near Lake MIchigan. I've stayed at a cottage on the water right next to the Mackinac Bridge.

Link here:
    http://www.campmackinaw.com/

From there you can drive to the ferries to take you over to Mackinac Island. You can see all of the island but not have to pay the price of the hotels. Mackinac Island also has B&B's.

Petoskey is an adorable town not far from Mackinac, I've stayed at the Stafford hotel there.
    And, while I'm partial, downtown Detroit, when the Tigers are playing, is a really fun place to be. If your honeymoon coincides with the Tigers playing at home, consider staying downtown one night after going to a game. This past August my husband and I stayed at the Book Cadillac the night we had tickets to see the Tigers play. They have a "stay and play" package with reduced room rates (about 50% off), and you can walk to the hotel, or take a shuttle. There are great restaurants, Texas de Brazil is where we ate. There's also Hockeytown Cafe, the Hard Rock.
  • I have a friend who has a B&B in Alma, MI that is just beautiful.

www.saravilla.com
  • My FI and I did a wine tour on Old Mission peninsula by Traverse City.  We had a blast and it was very affordable....you can also stay at some of the wineries for not too too expensive.  Chateau Chantal is beautiful!  We sent my parents there for their 25th anniversary.
  • We decided on Ludington for the wedding and the honeymoon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards