Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

HELP! Food on a budget.

We are having our wedding on a very tight budget. What are some inexpensive foods? I was thinking Mexican - I know that rice can be pretty easily done (and my fiance is 1/2 Mexican). My mom seems to think that wouldn't work too well. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP! Food on a budget.

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Classy BBQ? You could do some bbq, it's cheaper than a plated meal and it's still very yummy. You could also have a taco bar with different toppings to help honor your FI's roots.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a BBQ. You could also consider pasta. 

I think Mexican would depend on the type of wedding you're having.. can you tell us a bit more about your day? Inside, outside? Night time? Day? 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest a pasta style buffet. Do different stations: one with salad, one with penne pasta, meat suace, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, one with side dishes: mixed veggetables, garlic bread, etc.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of mexican, but then again I love mexican food.  Also, if you go with the idea of the pasta bar remember to think of guests that may have allergies.  Just ask your family members and friends if they have any food allergies so you can make sure they have something to eat.  (And yes it is your and your fiancee's day but try to remember your guests too )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards