Military Brides

Help please :)

Hello, 

My husband and I got married in December and did not have time to have a big ceremony/reception at that time before we moved to his next duty station so only our parents were there. We are planning a big ceremony for all of our friends and family to go to in April. I am stuck on how I should word the invitations. I want to be fun and catchy. Im not sure if I call it a vow renewal, etc. Shoot me some ideas and suggestions! Thanks in advance :)

Re: Help please :)

• It would be called a vow renewal since you are already married.  I know this isn't catchy, but you could do something like:

Sara (Smith) & Steve Jones (or Sara Smith & Steve Jones if you didn't take his last name) were wed in a private ceremony on December X, 2011.  

Please join us as we renew our vows and celebrate our marriage with family and friends on April X, 2013.

Just know that your invitiations are going to set the formality of your event to your guests.  So if you send something fun and catchy for your invites that would make me think it was a low key and informal event, like a backyard bbq or pool party.  If you are planning a more formal affair I would skip the catchy phrases.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_help-please-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:8b2233a0-dbcd-4e47-8a82-ada01b5765aePost:8236399c-eccf-4653-b7f1-f0d16fcac967">Re: Help please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be called a vow renewal since you are already married.  I know this isn't catchy, but you could do something like: Sara (Smith) & Steve Jones (or Sara Smith & Steve Jones if you didn't take his last name) were wed in a private ceremony on December X, 2011.   Please join us as we renew our vows and celebrate our marriage with family and friends on April X, 2013. Just know that your invitiations are going to set the formality of your event to your guests.  So if you send something fun and catchy for your invites that would make me think it was a low key and informal event, like a backyard bbq or pool party.  If you are planning a more formal affair I would skip the catchy phrases.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    I like this a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards