North Dakota
Options

Scheduling help!

Hello,
We are getting married in Jamestown and having our photography done by Third Day Photography.  It's really important to my fiancee that we don't see each other before the ceremony so that means all our "together" family pictures, "together" bridal party pictures and pictures of just the 2 of us will have to be done after the ceremony.
I'd like to have the ceremony around noon and have a lunch afterwards.  We'll have games and things to help people pass the time for awhile but I don't want them to have to wait forever for lunch either.  How long should I plan for pictures?  Any ideas of better ways to handle this?  Thanks so much!

Re: Scheduling help!

• Options

To be honest if it's lunch your after that will be to late. You should plan for a couple of hours to take pictures. Move your ceremony up to like 10 or something and you are good to go. If you wait to have it at noon, you are gonna have some starving guests!

• Options
    Thanks for your reply!!  We decided to move the ceremony back to 2 and have an early dinner around 4 or so.  Feeling a little better about that plan :)
  • Options
    My fiance was set on not seeing me until the actual ceremony but then we realized it wasn't fair to our guests to not have us at the party for upwards of 2hours to get all the pictures in. We ended up scheduling a 1st look and it was amazing. The photographer set him at the alter all alone, just the photographer was in the room, he knew I was coming down the aisle so to not turn around, I tapped him on the shoulder, and it was amazing.

The pictures are fabulous and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything. It made the picture taking experience so much more fun and enjoyable and you still get an amazing feeling walking down the aisle to your future husband. No, 1st look can take that "here it is" moment. Plus we enjoyed the entire reception with our guests.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards