Michigan-Detroit

NWR--pizza

I'm hungry.

What's your favorite kind/place to go? Anyone make their own?

I'm always good with a Hot and Ready. I like to dip the crust in Italian dressing. Hungry Howie's crust is soooo good. Cajun or the garlicicky one. They don't really have Hungry Howie's down in Cincinnati and it's unfortunate.

They do have a chain called Dewey's though. It's a sit-down restaurant with a bar which is cool. They do specialty pizzas.Good stuff.

Pep and cheese is always good. I'll take any kind of veggie except tomato.
June 16, 2012

Re: NWR--pizza

• Anything from Amicis :) the blackened chicken pizza and the arugula pizza are my favorites :) Their ingredients are so fresh and the whole wheat crust is yummy!
  • I love Jet's when it comes to "fast food" pizza. Buddy's is still my favorite local, although I also have to give props to the little guys: Supino's and Motor City Brewing Works.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Little Italy is really good and so is Buddy's.  They are my top 2 local places.

I've made my own before but when I make my own I make everything.
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Little Caesar's will always be my favorite, but I also like Jets.  My FFIL orders their vegetarian thin crust pizza - love it!  Hungry Howie's is good too.  

more upscale - I LOVE the margherita pizza at Puck's Grille.  It's amazing.
  • Hungry Howie's has always been my favorite, but domino's totally just upped their game with the artisan pizzas (spinach and feta? SO GOOD)

I'm living in Grand Rapids right now and one of our favourite local pizza places is Vitale's or Peppino's. When living in Detroit if we didn't get it from one of the chains we'd generally make it at home.
  • Kruse & Muer pizza is absolutely delicious! :)
    Anniversary
  • My family LOVES Jet's. I don't. Maybe it's because they get square pizzas. I don't know why but I hate square pizzas haha.
    June 16, 2012
  • I love Papa Johns pepperoni pizza...but you HAVE to get their breadsticks- with the cheese sauce and garlic sauce...mmmmmm 
  • Papa Johns is pretty good. We make our own deep dish pan pizza. So. Freaking. Amazing!
  • Djhar - not sure if you're close to Berkley or Birmingham, but Amicis has a gluten free crust that is pretty good. It's hard to find so I thought I would mention it :)
  • Whole Foods has awesome pizza! So crispy and fresh!  It is kinda pricy by the slice, but you can order a whole pizza for cheaper if you call ahead!
  • I LOVE Buddy's, but their price is a bit too much without coupons.

For fast food version, always Little Caesar's Hot n Ready.

FYI: if any of you are ever in Hazel Park, the "original" deep dish crunchy crust came from the owner at Loui's Pizza on Dequindre between 9 Mile & 10 Mile. He was the chef that started this at Shield's & Buddy's and it is awesome. You can buy their deep dish pizzas frozen and take them home and cook them. I never knew the history until I went there when I used to play on a coed softball team.

Detroit News review here: http://detnews.com/article/20100422/OPINION03/4220309/1278/rss4335

That picture makes me SO hungry!
  • The only way I like pizza is if it's homemade. Lately we can't get enough of my chicken pesto pizza. Seriously SO good! I can't wait until Spring/Summer so I can plant my own herbs and make homemade pesto. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • try tanias pizza in royal oak...family owned stuffed pizza 13 & crooks....everyone I send there gets hooked! mmmm now im craving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards