Wedding Reception Forum
Options

flip flops...

I am doing a beach theme wedding... yes in Minni!!! anyway I was going to have flip flops by the dance floor just for something extra...question is do they need to match the wedding colors.....this may no be a big deal... but I just dont know which way to go!!!

Thanks you 
Missy

Re: flip flops...

• Options
    Are the flip flops just for decoration, or do you expect people to wear them?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I am having them for the guests to wear on the dance floor....and take home if they like..
  • Options
    Flip flops are really not good for dancing, and there is no way that you will know everyone's size.   I would recommend saving your money.   Whether or not they are in your wedding colors is pretty irrelevant, so if you go through with this I would say that if you find some that happen to be in your wedding colors, then go with it, and if you don't then don't sweat it.  But yeah, I would reconsider the whole idea.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I agree with Avion, I would save your money on this.  People will be wearing nice shoes that go with their outfits--if the shoes are that uncomfortable, guests will bring their own change of shoes.  Flip flops aren't good shoes for dancing, especially whatever generic, cheap ones you would buy in bulk.  
  • Options
    meh, Im on the fence with this one, I plan to throw in 2 pairs of flippys in my bathroom baskets just in case someone wears new shoes and has blisters or maybe a strap breaks you never know and it might just save someone's night.
    I dont think it is necessary to buy loads and loads of them though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did a basket of Old Navy flip flops for anyone who wants to take thier shoes off. I bought them on a $1 sale day so I didn't spend a lot of money and was able to purchase them in my wedding colours. I bought 20 pairs (basically enough for most of the women) ranging from sizes 6-11 but focused more on sizes 8-10 which seem to be more common.

I've used them at weddings before and have always appreciated them since you end up with NASTY feet if you don't bring anything to change into and are dancing barefood. I would not buy 50 pairs, but if you can get them super cheap then go for it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You can match your wedding colors, if you would like.  I would lean to neutral or darker tones.  Remember, no one is specifically dressing to your wedding colors except the BP.  Nothing looks sillier than if someone shoes up in a blue dress but then has bright yellow flips on.

I love the gesture.
  • Options

im too small for typical flip flops.  i personally wear them i think be a waste

• Options
    It's a nice gesture, and like achiduck said, only get them if you can get them cheap. Like other PP's said, most will know to wear proper foot wear, but i think keeping about a dozen in the bathroom basket would be nice. Try Old Navy or the dollar store and get them in neutral colors- tan/black/brown- because honestly, they're more likely to be re-used.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    LOL am i the only one who finds dancing in flip flops easier than in heels?! they are easy to dance in!!

• Options
    I've only seen this done on TV Shows like "Four Weddings"...never in real life. I guess this only works if you know your crowd. We had over 200 guests, and not a one would've been caught dead in dollar store flip flops at a wedding. Though the whole flip flop thing is a seemingly popular trend in some circles, I guess.
  • Options
    I think it may have something to do with the upper midwest, but I think it's fairly common to provide flip flops. Just get a variety of sizes, and neutral colors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_flip-flops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:829a7af7-47dd-453e-885b-9dc321b72e79Post:c609dd5b-17d0-4281-83a9-16ed373cd645">Re: flip flops...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did a basket of Old Navy flip flops for anyone who wants to take thier shoes off. I bought them on a $1 sale day so I didn't spend a lot of money and was able to purchase them in my wedding colours. I bought 20 pairs (basically enough for most of the women) ranging from sizes 6-11 but focused more on sizes 8-10 which seem to be more common. I've used them at weddings before and have always appreciated them <strong>since you end up with NASTY feet if you don't bring anything to change into and are dancing barefood</strong>. I would not buy 50 pairs, but if you can get them super cheap then go for it.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

See, the thing about it is.....I wear shoes that I know will be comfortable all night.  Cheap, plastic flip flops from Old Navy or the dollar store are not very comfortable to me!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_flip-flops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:829a7af7-47dd-453e-885b-9dc321b72e79Post:5a5a847c-70df-4294-8f28-6b3dda6e74a0">Re: flip flops...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL am i the only one who finds dancing in flip flops easier than in heels?! they are easy to dance in!!
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

<div>My own well-fitting, well-made, and broken-in, leather Clark's flip flops are comfortable for dancing.  Cheap Old-Navy flip flops that aren't in my size and aren't broken in are not.  They would probably give me either A) blisters, B) sore feet, or C) a sprained ankle if I tried to dance in them.</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    wow so many ways to go...thanks ladies ...I have been in the bridal party and really enjoyed have a pair of flops there for dancing...Yes I dont want to spend lots of money but do need to get some the are comfy because some cheap ones are terrible to dance in.... just thought it was a fun/nice thing for some not others.....not sure what I will end up doing.....But thanks for all the input Laughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_flip-flops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:829a7af7-47dd-453e-885b-9dc321b72e79Post:5137fb2d-d00c-4023-a00f-0a6ae2aac08e">Re: flip flops...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: flip flops... : My own well-fitting, well-made, and broken-in, leather Clark's flip flops are comfortable for dancing.  Cheap Old-Navy flip flops that aren't in my size and aren't broken in are not.  They would probably give me either A) blisters, B) sore feet, or C) a sprained ankle if I tried to dance in them.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

LOL of course you wouldn't wear them if they weren't your size :) but  i have a ton of old navy flips that are super comfy and never needed breaking in....::shrugs:: maybe i'm just lucky with no blisters.

• Options
    I found some cute sandals on clearance at a shoe store going into the fall season and I made an offer and ended up getting them for $1.40 a pair. Much nicer than flip flops, more comfortable, I don't have to decorate them and they will be a nice wedding favor. I think some people who responded missed that you are having a beach themed wedding so flips flops go with the theme. I am actually getting married on the beach so Im hoping my guest will appreciate the gesture so they don't mess up their good shoes. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards