Second Weddings

Wedding Party Update

Now the ladies number three, my elementary school and high school best girl friend left me a voicemail yesterday - she IS going to be in our wedding!!! I'm very happy that she has decided to join us - again.

Other not so happy news it appears that my sister who broke her ankle/leg may be getting a divorce.  Her husband hasn't been there to help her much since the injury and is refusing to help her at all now.  She has to be off her foot/ankle/leg for another 4 weeks - doctor's orders he was with her when she was told this.  Her husband told her that she need to get back to work because he wasn't going to support her or help her any more. 

What's interesting last summer my sister found a lump, and went in for a lumpectomy (non-cancerous) and he took her and was very loving and supportive.  He didn't want to call 911 like she asked when she broke her leg and didn't want to help her into the house  - he also didn't want to take her to the ER.  Wonder if that man is having an affair?

With my sister's life in turmoil I really don't want to hassel her about wedding stuff she has too much on her plate - I just hope she will come and be a honored guest.

I also have news about my gown but am waiting for a confirmation email from the supervisor before I post anything.

Re: Wedding Party Update

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that your sister is going through such a rough time.  I know she will find the strength to get herself through her recovery and rehab.  I hope her husband gets himself together and does what he must in order to help her along, even if its to get himself out of the way.

Now .. woo hoo!  I am so happy that your friend is able to participate in the wedding party as you'd wanted.  That's great news!  Congratulations.

Waiting, waiting to hear about the dress ...
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Your BiL sounds like a real winner :(  He's had quite a change of heart toward her in a manner of months.

Anyway, focus on the good :)  What's the deal with the dress?
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Things just keep getting better and better.  Talked to my sister today and she is going to be in the wedding!! She's going to go on line and order her dress - she doesn't want to give up and neither do I - so I'm back to my four ladies!!!  YAY!!!

She and her husband talked and they're going to work things out - but this is the last time.  Apparently they have been having the yo-yo issues for a while. My sister is in couseling to help her learn to communicate better - so now it's on him.

Once I have a confirmation email - I will share what's going on - just waiting on that.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_wedding-party-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:b89c50af-ad40-4003-add0-28e9a7711c56Post:ea34abbb-f1fb-4624-821c-27e6f7821113">Re: Wedding Party Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Things just keep getting better and better. <strong> Talked to my sister today and she is going to be in the wedding!!</strong> She's going to go on line and order her dress - she doesn't want to give up and neither do I - so I'm back to my four ladies!!!  YAY!!! She and her husband talked and they're going to work things out - but this is the last time.  Apparently they have been having the yo-yo issues for a while. My sister is in couseling to help her learn to communicate better - so now it's on him. Once I have a confirmation email - I will share what's going on - just waiting on that.
    Posted by MikesAngie[/QUOTE]

This is great news!  Congrats, Angie.
  • edited December 2011
    That is great news about everything.  My FSIL's husband left her 2wks before Christmas, w/ 2 young boys under three years old (the youngest turns 1 next month). And to top it all off, my FI and his sister's father was diagnosed w/ terminal cancer in September and he passed away 2 nights ago.  My FSIL is going through so much right now and it just breaks my heart, especially since the soon-to-be-ex doesn't want anything to do with their children either.  :(  She's making almost all of the clothing for the wedding except my dress, and my FI's suit.  She still stays it's fine, but we'll see.  I don't want to over stress her.  I just want to help her right now as much as possible.  It's so stressful when others in your family are hurting.  Sorry for the sad story on your post. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That is great news!  I hope that it all works out for your sister and her recovery is a speedy one.

NZBride - Sorry for your loss.  Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  Your fsil is definitely going through a very hard time right now.  Any man whoe would do that to their children is a pos!  My heart goes out to her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    POS is putting it mildly for that guy Rapunzel!  Yikes!  NZ, so sorry this is such a bad time for you and FI's family.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Glad things are looking up Ang!  Can't wait to hear the dress update!

NZ Bride - Maybe doing the wedding stuff helps her cope with the other.  You know being busy, etc.  Either way, I'm sorry to hear about that situation.  Tough stuff.
    Anniversary
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NZBride, wow - sorry for your and FI family's loss - my FFIL passed away in Nov. I'm glad your FSIL has a great family to support her and perhaps helping with your wedding is keeping her busy and focused on something positive.  ((hugs)) To you and yours.  Sending positive engery your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards