California-Orange County

OC location!

Anyone have info/recommendations/warnings about any of these venues?
Strawberry farms in Irvine
Balboa Yacht Club
Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club
Shady Canyon Clubhouse
I'm worried about the all-inclusiveness of these places, I want delicious food!

Re: OC location!

• edited December 2011
    they should be able to set you up with a tasting date!!!!!!
  • jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Balboa yacht club.  To be honest--it was ok.  It didn't really have a view in the ballroom and I'm sure it was expensive just for the name.  Hope I don't offend any other brides getting married here.  Sorry, just wanted to respond to your question.
  • tamarie101tamarie101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Strawberry Farms... but for my wedding there it would be over $16,000 for 150 people. Way too much for my buget... However, if you can afford I say it's a must! You will fall in love with it!
    Anniversary
  • monnnstermonnnster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Chicas!
    I guess a lot of other gals feel the same about Strawberry Farms; there are no more saturdays in 2011.
    We liked the Balboa Yacht Club, I think they redid the main dining room for the view and it had a very nice outdoor area right on the water.  They just don't get very good reviews on the food front. For $110/head(including alchohol) I want delicious grub!
    Thanks for the input!
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding there. The food was great. The drinks were weak. The atmosphere was nice. Depending on the time of year, this could be a great venue. The wedding I went to was a bit too cold because the reception is in a barn and people open and close the huge barn doors. You could solve this problem by putting a sign on the door and telling people to use the door to the right. Just an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards