March 2013 Weddings

Not moving the date (I think!)

So after the job loss fiasco, I think we're basically planning a whole new wedding in 4 months. We cut the guest list from around 170 to 85, and we're getting this cabin (I think, calling today) to sleep immediate family and bridal party. Other family and friends can get a hotel or cabin, and we'll go up early, cook all the food, decorate, and then have the wedding in the big back yard and the reception outside/inside. We can still have a dance floor and cake cutting and music, and I think it's going to work. I feel a little like I'm mourning a loss, and I'm a little worried this could be tacky, but I think we really can make it beautiful.
September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not moving the date (I think!)

• I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you planned. But the wedding you're thinking of now sounds like a blast! Sometimes it's nice to have less people there. As a guest, it's an interesting feeling. I recently went to a smaller wedding and it made me feel like they really wanted me to be there. So if it feels sucky sometimes to cut the guest list, remember that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • That's good to know. Thank you both!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think what you have planned sounds beautiful. People make ugly reception halls gorgeous.. you already have a cabin and mother nature to help :) 
    Cutting the guest list can be hard, but jenni had a good point about how nice a small wedding can be. There are times (often lol) that I wish we had a smaller guest list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards