Maine

Seamstress??

Anyone have a seamstress they'd recommend in the greater Portland area?  I tried Sarah Michniewicz and she's booked for weddings through October 15th.  I've heard about PCP Bridal alterations in Yarmouth, but heard she's very rude and I'm not sure if I want a really rude person berating me in my wedding dress!!  Any other suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seamstress??

• edited December 2011
    I'm going to Marcia at PCP bridal in Yarmouth.  I have heard the same thing about her being rude, but my family is from NY and I'm used to the attitude.  That stuff doesn't bother me at all.  I have my first fitting tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's the same place in Yarmouth buttt I've heard reviews on both sides.  I think it's a 50/50 chance on whether you have a  good experience or not.  I went to a lady who lives across the street from my Mom in Portland.  Unfortunately she doesn't want all the extra business she'd get if she did it full time!  She's phenominal!  She just kind of pinches the material, looks, mumbles and then vuahhhlaaa it's done and perfect.  I'd check back in with her though to see if she's interested again. 
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Antoine's Tailoring on Congress Street in the old port. They do an amazing job, and their prices are extremely reasonable.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I'll call Antoines as well as PCP.  ABeautifulMind, let me know what you think when you meet with her!
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I met with Marcia yesterday at PCP.  She was totally polite!   I went in there half expecting her to have the attitude I'd heard about.  Nope!  She complimented my dress and how it fit on me several times, was quick and very easy to work with.  I found her very friendly. 

My next appt. is in the beginning of July.  She said she doubts I will need to come back after that.  We'll see, but for now, I'm really happy with her and would definitely recommend you check in with her.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't want to llike freak you out but PCP totally ruined my friends gown to the point she needed to get a new one! SO be very careful with them!!! I had mine done with Sarah M, she was super tough to get in with!!! Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Stacey- ?!?!?!?Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

What kind of alterations was she having done?  Please tell me it is was something major not just the normal hem and taken in up top!
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to ask the same thing, but too scared to find out the answer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Veronica's Creations in Greene Maine.  A little out of the way but she charged a flat fee of $50 dollars and my dress came out perfect!
  • I would love the contact info for the seamstress in Scarborough?

Thanks for any information.

Terri
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards