July 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Poll

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I thought it would be fun to do a HM poll since the majority of us are probably back??

1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon? 

2. What was your favorite part of the HM?

3. What activities did you do?

4. Did you wear your rings?

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next??

6. Post your favorite HM pic :)
imageAnniversary

Re: Honeymoon Poll

• Options
    -We went to the Upper Penisila of Michigan.

-Going on a vacation with just DH and no one else!

-Lots of hiking and photographs.  I HATE stairs...I think we climbed 10000000 of them!  (Not really but it was a lot)

-Yes, they fit really well, I never worried about them

-We're probably going to go to England (southern about an hour outside of London) to visit his 'second family.'  His best friend's parents live there and we're all really close!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Where did you and your DH honeymoon? 
    St Lawrence River, Kingston, Canada, and then Cedar and Camelot Islands
    being on the boat for 10 days straight
    3. What activities did you do? swimming, dinners, cocktails, hikes, sunsets, saw a show.

4. Did you wear your rings? oh yeah!

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next??  St John, USVI Oct 2012!!

• Options

Banff, Alberta, Canada

The weather.  It felt like early spring - which is the complete opposite of what the weather has been like here in AR - 100+ temps and humidity that makes it feel like a steam room outside...

Lots of hiking, long trail ride on horse back, and some napping

Yes.  On most of the hikes, I only wore my wedding ring.

Our next big trip will be Italy, to visit his brother and family that is moving there early next year.

Maybe not my favorite picture, but it's one of the few I have with me right now

• Options
    We went on a 5 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas and then spent 6 days in Disney World at the Grand Floridian resort
    I had the most fun on the cruise.  We picked great excursions and had great weather the whole time.
    On the cruise we were able to feed and snorkle with stringrays, swim with dolphins, jet ski, have a specila dinner, and do a couple's massage.  At Disney we made dinner reservations each night (including Cinderella's castle-I've wanted to go there since I was a little kid), and visited each of the parks!
    YES!  Except we left them in the safe during excursions
    We are thinking of doing some closer trips to NH, Cape Cod, etc.

I'm trying to upload a pic but it's not working :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Decided to pop back over here for a bit and saw this post! How fun.

Mauritius for a week then South Africa for a week.

The private dinner we had on the last day of safari. We returned from our final night drive to champagne, a privately planned menu and special romantic table set up in our safari room, and rose petal bubble bath and chocolates. That was pretty amazing and also a total surprise to both of us!

Tennis, yoga, golf, relaxing on the beach, glass bottom boat, fishing, eating massive quantities, drinking fruity drinks in Mauritius. Safari was pretty much all safari game drives and eating/drinking excessively.
    Yes.

I think we're going back to Europe next.

There are a bunch of hippos in the water behind us, not sure if they are visible in the photo!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon?  Mexico - Occidental resorts

2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Ziplines and just relaxing with the hubby

3. What activities did you do? Ziplines, swim in the caves and relax by the pool

4. Did you wear your rings? No

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? Hmmm not sure!

6. Post your favorite HM pic :)  Sorry dont have any at work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon?  Turks and Caicos

2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Relaxing on the beach, spending time with my husband, eating at amazing restaurants

3. What activities did you do? We didn't do a whole lot to be honest. We snorkeled, took a sunset cruise, rode bikes into town, and took lots of walks on the beach

4. Did you wear your rings? Just my wedding ring. DH was worried about me bringing my e-ring, but once we got there he saw how safe it was and that it would have been fine if I brought it. 

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? We are seriously considering going to Napa Valley and maybe Yellowstone for our one year anniversary. We have also talked about going to Costa Rica and Greece and Italy.... too many great places to choose from!

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Virginia Beach
    Relaxing and spending everyday with DH - Not having to have to go to work :)
    Walked, went swimming, laid out in the sun, rented bikes
    heck yeah!! :)
    Planning a Vermont trip for the end of September
    I don't have any pictures on my work computer.... :(
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Where did you and your DH honeymoon?  Aruba
    2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Laying on the beach with my husband, eating amazing food, dancing on the bar, not working for a whole week!
    3. What activities did you do? Parasailing, deep sea fishing, party bus, Pirate snorkel cruise, lots of bedroom ones ;-)
    4. Did you wear your rings? Yes!
    5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next??  We are debating between Europe or staying in the states and doing Miami for Ultra Music Festival :-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Riviera Maya, Mexico

Downtime with H, for sure. We were doing long distance before the wedding, and he only arrived late Thursday night, when I was on my bachelorette party, so it was our first time after all the madness to be alone and enjoy each other

We went on an excursion to Coba to walk up the Mayan ruins, which was amazing. We also zip lined through the jungle, and repelled 30 feet down into an underground cave/pool. Another day we went to Xel-Ha which is a national park where we got to float down a river in tubes and snorkle, cliff-jump, and zip-line into the water. Besides that we went to the market, relaxed at the beach and pool, ate way too much food, drank way too many fruity drinks, and slept in way too late. It was wonderful

I wore mine almost always, except for the excursions. FI wore his mostly just in the evenings. His is a little too big (he lost weight in the month before the wedding and apparantly some of it was in his fingers!

I was born in South Africa and have gone back many times to visit family, but FI has never been and never met the majority of my family there. We want to go see all my family and I want to take him on safari!

I don't have them uploaded yet
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon? St. Lucia

2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Our HM was absolutely amazing and I could not have asked for anything better. My favorite parts were climbing the volcano/bathing in the mineral springs, zip lining through the rain forest, and just relaxing on the beach with my husband!

3. What activities did you do? See above (:

4. Did you wear your rings? Yes. Husband lost one of his in the ocean on the first day.

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? Our next destination will be Italy (:

ETA: 6. HM PICS:

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon? We did a mini-moon just here @ home and are waiting till the winter to go away somewhere warm for our HM

2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Just having a week off work with DH to hang out and do our favourite things here and in the city

3. What activities did you do? golfing, sushi x 2, zoo, movie, a complete couch day watching the last 2 season of of fave tv show on dvd hehe

4. Did you wear your rings? yuppers :)

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? Next will be going to visit my fam across the country @ chirstmas. Then the honeymoon somewhere like panama or bora bora or jamaica this winter.

These pics from the zoo are the only ones i can access right now lol and yes we are big kids haha

Anniversary
  • Options
    San Antonio, Texas- on the Riverwalk

Having downtime, just being able to focus on us, plus getting to drink at 11:30 am. Hahaha!

Ripley's Believe it or Not!; Horse drawn carriage ride, river boat tour, Sea World, ate at a ton of places, and did a haunted tour of San Antonio.

Hubby was unable to, his fingers swelled in the heat. I wore mine.

We are actually planning my bday get a way in Jan to North Conway NH. Otherwise we have plans for Houston, TX; Aruba (again); a possible cruise; and Disney

Sadly we didn't get any pics together, so it's just me, I have my coffee. :)

• Options
    Fun!

1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon?  San Francisco and the Napa Valley

2. What was your favorite part of the HM? Having alone time with the husband with NOTHING to stress about. We had a lot of fun just swapping stories about the wedding week (b/c we were apart that week). And the 'aheming' was pretty spectacular, too!

3. What activities did you do? Visited a few vineyards, ate a TON of good food, went to the cable car museum, hiked in the Muir Woods.

4. Did you wear your rings? Yes

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? I am planning a city break for the long weekend coming up the weekend after next. We are deciding between Coppenhagen and Budapest.

Hard to pic one... so here's a few!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So fun!! and I love everyone's HM stories!!

St. Lucia

Loved everything! But relaxing on the beach & at the pool with H was great

We went ziplining, had a couples massage and visited one of the other hotels in the group.  And then just a ton of eating and drinking

No I wore a fake

I have already started looking into a trip to Poland and Germany for next year!

• Options
    Walt Disney World, Florida
    Just being away - the two of us - and being "big kids"
    All Four Disney Parks, Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, Seaworld

Yes - proudly :-)

Somewhere nearby - for camping. FI just got a huge promotion at work - so - we're doing well right now and can hopefully take a big trip soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon?  Times Square, NYC

2. What was your favorite part of the HM?  Spending time with my new husband and exploring new things together.

3. What activities did you do? Avenue Q broadway show, ate at great restaurants, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Intrepid Museum, shopping!

4. Did you wear your rings? Yes absolutely!  Neither of us have taken them off since the wedding.

5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? Vegas or somewhere tropical!

6. Post your favorite HM pic :)  The amazing view from our room on the 36th floor- last night we were there, we saw fireworks over the bay - it was amazing.   
  • Options
    1. Where did you and your DH honeymoon? We just got back 2 days ago! We spent 4 amazing days in Rome and then took a 10 day cruise to parts of Italy, Greece and Turkey.
    2. What was your favorite part of the HM? All of it! We ate so much food its crazy- I have never eaten so much fresh high quality food so we just had to try it all :P But most of all I loved the beautiful beaches and being responsibility free for a couple of weeks.
    3. What activities did you do? We actually did sooo much on our trip. We walked all over Rome, saw the Vatican, and we took tours at almost every port (there were 7). We saw some of the most beautiful beaches and villages I have ever seen and saw many ancient ruins. 
    4. Did you wear your rings? Yes!
    5. Where do you and your DH want to travel to next?? Probably EDC Vegas next summer. But we are already talking about going back to the Greek Isles for our 5 yr Anni :P
    6. Post your favorite HM pic :)Super Paradise Beach in Mykonos

Beautiful Santorini
    The coast of Sorrento, Italy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dawnleana - Your honeymoon looked gorgeous! I went on a 7 day cruise out of Venice that went to Mykonos, Croatia, Athens and also went to Rome for a few days for my college graduation present with my best friend. So amazing there! I want to take my H and go back to the greek islands too!

We also want to do EDC Vegas this next year! H used to go to EDC in LA a few years back. Heard EDC Vegas is amazing :-) We also want to go to Ultra Music Festival in Miami. Have to do all this before kids, lol!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17974500-6f97-4dc8-8afe-5c6246dfaf2dPost:65a8ab22-5233-4f15-afac-3033d7c21e3f">Re: Honeymoon Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dawnleana - Your honeymoon looked gorgeous! I went on a 7 day cruise out of Venice that went to Mykonos, Croatia, Athens and also went to Rome for a few days for my college graduation present with my best friend. So amazing there! I want to take my H and go back to the greek islands too! We also want to do EDC Vegas this next year! H used to go to EDC in LA a few years back. Heard EDC Vegas is amazing :-) We also want to go to Ultra Music Festival in Miami. Have to do all this before kids, lol!
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks we had so much fun! Sounds like we did a similar cruise. I cannot wait to go back :) I have always wanted to go to Ultra and I love Miami, but I used to live in Vegas so EDC gives me a reason to go back :P All my friends go and post their pics I get so jealous haha. Hope you get to do it all. We have kids and I don't care we are still going, even if we have to pay the in-laws! LOL</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We honeymooned in St. Thomas. It was a gift from my husband's grandmother.

No phones!!

Snorkel, hiking, shopping, dinning out, Beach, beach, beach.

Yes.

Our next trip (car) will be to Washington DC. My husband served in the US Military for 5 years, but has never been to the capital. the next plane trip will be to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards