Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Outdoor wedding venue suggestions

I'm so completely new to this and so completely lost... I need help!  We are looking for an outdoor location to hold a small (50-75 people) somewhat casual wedding, ceremony and reception, either in the Cleveland, OH area or up state NY area.  If NY area, it would need to be somewhat close to an airport (within 1-2 hours drive).

I don't want it too casual but I definitely don't want anything elegant or fancy.  I'd like trees and/or water and possibly a barn or similar for the reception.  Any suggestions??

Re: Outdoor wedding venue suggestions

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Conrad Botzum Farmstead is a great little wedding/reception spot in Bath, just south of Cleveland. Also, Hale Farm, in the same area, may work for you. For somewhere closer to Cleveland, maybe the Chalet in Strongsville (part of the Cleveland Metroparks) would be good. Sweetwater Landing in Rocky River, another Metroparks venue, does receptions for small guest lists (under 100), as does the Terrace at Big Met Grille (indoor/outdoor kind of space -- also in RR).

Mapleside Farm in Brunswick can do a tented reception on their orchard grounds. Actually, Orchard Hills Party Center in Chesterland (east side) can do that as well. OHPC is owned by the Pattersons Fruit Farm family.

Oh, and the Lake Erie Nature & Science Center in Bay Village would be something different. You can even bring your own caterer and BYOB.

You might also add some of the area wineries to your list. Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls (right by Blossom music ctr) is a great location for a small wedding. Thorncreek Winery in Aurora does weddings, too, and they have beautiful grounds as well as a cute patio. On the east side of Cleve, I believe Ferrante and Harpersfield can also do weddings?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mslmjmslmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Metroparks.  They have enclosed buildings that you can rent for a very low price and you can have the ceremony outside of the building.  I am using the North Chagrin Reservation River Grove Shelter.  It is in Mayfleld, OH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Club Hillbrook (about 35 minutes east of the airport) is absolutly beautfiul and would be perfect for a 50-75 person wedding. My fiance and I looked there but unfortunatly it would be a bit tight for our 200+ guest list.
  • Options
    Heather10910Heather10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland on the campus of Lakeland College
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards