Florida-North Florida
Options

Wedding & Reception Sites in Pensacola, Florida

Hi All,

I'm new here, recently engaged.  I live in Atlanta, GA but will have my wedding & reception in Pensacola, FL in 08/2011.

I want a beach wedding; can anyone recommend a very nice place for a beach wedding?  Preferably, I would like to have the reception inside, within walking distance of the reception.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  

Thank you all.

Desiree

Re: Wedding & Reception Sites in Pensacola, Florida

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hoestly a beach wedding in august is going to be awful. I avoid the beach in agust and half of july bc it is so hot. I cant even be out there more than 30 mins and thats in a bathing suit. sorry i just want to be honest, the sand is so hot you cant walk anywhere. the hilton is the only place i know if though.... good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    honeyhuedhoneyhued member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for your honesty, I appreciate it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She is not exaggerating about the sand.  It is very hot!  You can definitely pull it off though if (a) you are dressing casual or (b) you don't sweat. haha  I am getting married in October at Big Lagoon State Park.  It's on the water with the lagoon and it is just SO beautiful.  You may want to check it out.  They have pictures at the Fl State Parks website but they really don't do the place justice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married outside in downtown Pensacola last August and it was very hot. Her wedding conflicted with a major shark fishing tournament so as a wedding favor they gave out shark bite cookies. If you embrace the possibility of it being very hot you will have a wonderful wedding. Her programs for the ceremony were printed on fans and they were a big hit. The sand is boiling hot in August if you are hoping for a beach wedding. The new Margaritaville Hotel is stunning on the inside and decorated very tastefully with furnishings from Restoration Hardware. Hemmingways and the Grand Marlin are both very nice with a large outside decks. Good luck and Enjoy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards