South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Magnolia Plantation

Hello fellow brides!

I am excited to announce that FI & I booked Magnolia Plantation in April 2013. 

Does anyone have any reviews/tips/suggestions/pictures? 

Thank you so much!

Re: Magnolia Plantation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Only that tons of people get married there and I've been to several weddings there myself, so they absolutely know what they are doing, so you definitely made a great choice. Just make sure you have a rain back up plan b/c April can be super, super iffy! It can be raining and freezing one day and hot and humid the next. Also, bring or have bug spray handy...lots and lots of bug spray! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your date and venue! Happy Planning!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am there next month! Where is yours? I am at the conservatory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @oguesswhat ME TOO!! I hope everything goes great :) Jessica has been helpful so far. What caterer did you pick and what rental company for the ceremoney? 
  • Options
    ash10328ash10328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on the Veranda. In my opinion, the overall atmosphere is much more beautiful than the most popular Carriage House. And cheaper! The wedding setting is in the gardens with the bridge in the background, we had our cocktail hour in the front of the house and then dinner on the veranda with dancing on the lawn in an open air dance floor. Jessica is okay to deal with, she is a little fake and immature, but we managed. Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Stickey Fingers cause I love BBQ. But we are only having them drop everything off and we will do the cleanup. We are using snyder for chairs and table cloths.
  • Options
    I'm planning to be there the month after you. We're planning for May 2013 & planning from afar (Cleveland, OH). I'd love to keep in contact with you & other brides using Magnolia Plantation.
  • Options
    Magnolia is beyond amazing! Lots of beauty and space and great people to work with.

Here's a link to some photos from there:
    http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/magnolia-plantation-charleston-wedding-and-reception-venue/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards