Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Christmas Pics!!

Alright ladies...lets see what you got for Christmas :)

DH and I asked for Lowes gift cards for Christmas and used the majority of them for this bad boy :)

The Dyson DC33

but we didn't buy each other gifts...we are still broke from getting married and the HM which were only about a month ago

Re: Christmas Pics!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have the same Dyson, and love it!

I got a Citizen watch, an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (which is awesome!), and a new CHI hair dryer...and some PJ's.  
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_christmas-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e0f54770-0089-492c-b4a8-ffe895b71ec6Post:81078fe0-a8e1-49d2-9734-46eac207ea28">Re: Christmas Pics!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We have the same Dyson, and love it</strong>! I got a Citizen watch, an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (which is awesome!), and a new CHI hair dryer...and some PJ's.  
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Awesome!! We didn't do any research before we bought it...so Im glad to hear you like it so much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pics coming soon of all the girls in my family in matching PJs that my grandpa got us. We were forced to wear them all night, starting at 6pm.

As far as what I got (so far, I can't open what was sent to the apartment til FI has R&R):
    2 new cameras - FI got me the pink one I wanted. My mom got me a blue one ("in your wedding color"). I decided we can just make them his and hers cameras instead of returning one. I HATE the headache of returns.
    FI also sent to my moms house a new bottle of Clinique Happy and the hair straightener I wanted
    Grandpa got me a food steamer I've been wanting and my cousin got us a new Crock Pot
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

He bought me Diamond Earrings that are Leo diamonds. I like them, but I feel like he went OVER BOARD :( He told me I deserved something beautiful and I was worth it....which made me feel worse because he was so proud of them. Do I keep them and wear them seldomly or take them back to get what I originally wanted? I haven't figured it out  yet.

A few years ago he bought be a pink saphire neckalce from Tiffany's and we took it back because I didn't like it. Ever since then he has been kinda hurt about it. When I mentioned taking the earrings back he brought the Tiffany necklace up :( His man-ego was hurt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got random garden things, a pinini/sandwhich maker and a cupcake maker (FI got a quesadilla maker) needless to say I'm destined to teach him to cook! lol VS gift cards...bath n body stuff, and FI gave me the best present of them all....tickets to see the March 14th concert at AAC for the Monster Ball...aka Lady Gaga!!!!! Eeeek! So excited!!!! It was a shocker since he don't like her at all. He's been known to roll his eyes when I turn up her songs lol :-)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_christmas-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e0f54770-0089-492c-b4a8-ffe895b71ec6Post:f9f04c50-4849-456b-a35b-6af1ad2f98ae">Re: Christmas Pics!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He bought me Diamond Earrings that are Leo diamonds. I like them, but I feel like he went OVER BOARD :( He told me I deserved something beautiful and I was worth it....which made me feel worse because he was so proud of them. <strong>Do I keep them and wear them seldomly or take them back to get what I originally wanted?</strong> I haven't figured it out  yet. A few years ago he bought be a pink saphire neckalce from Tiffany's and we took it back because I didn't like it. Ever since then he has been kinda hurt about it. When I mentioned taking the earrings back he brought the Tiffany necklace up :( His man-ego was hurt.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

DO NOT SAY YOU DONT LIKE THEM!!!

Especially since you have had a similar experience and it hurt his feelings....

One year DH bought me a BUNCH of stuff including a Garmin (at the time they were new so it cost about $800) it was sooo sweet and thoughtful because we laugh about how horrible at directions I am....but I didn't go many places besides school and work so for $800 it wasn't worth it. I told him I wanted to take it back b/c of the above reasons...I could tell it hurt his feelings....THEN he couldn't find the receipt so hurt feelings turned into pissed off DH b/c his feelings were hurt and we were out $800 for a present I didn't really want BAD BAD day hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_christmas-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e0f54770-0089-492c-b4a8-ffe895b71ec6Post:f9f04c50-4849-456b-a35b-6af1ad2f98ae">Re: Christmas Pics!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He bought me Diamond Earrings that are Leo diamonds. I like them, but I feel like he went OVER BOARD :( He told me I deserved something beautiful and I was worth it....which made me feel worse because he was so proud of them. Do I keep them and wear them seldomly or take them back to get what I originally wanted? I haven't figured it out  yet. A few years ago he bought be a pink saphire neckalce from Tiffany's and we took it back because I didn't like it. Ever since then he has been kinda hurt about it. When I mentioned taking the earrings back he brought the Tiffany necklace up :( His man-ego was hurt.

Keep them and cherish them.  Seriously.   You may not value them as much now, but in the future they will probably become more important and sentimental to you and could even become an heirloom for future generations?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keeping the earring is the best thing to do. I love that dyson thing! I really want the shark cause FI has wood floors.

He got me:

Funny thing one of my best friends got me a simpler necklace from this collection for my birthday. I might return their gift for earrings now.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DH got me Diamond Earlings and I LOVE them!  Courtney, I understand if it isn't the exact gift you wanted, but make him feel like they are a great gift, and you will appreciate having them in the future.

We also got Guitar Hero for our Wii, and a roomba from his parents.  The roomba is SO sweet!  Especially with two labs that shed like crazy!  I had so much fun watching it clean while I sat on the sofa playing Guitar Hero!  :)
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <address>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_christmas-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e0f54770-0089-492c-b4a8-ffe895b71ec6Post:f9f04c50-4849-456b-a35b-6af1ad2f98ae">Re: Christmas Pics!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He bought me Diamond Earrings that are Leo diamonds. I like them, but I feel like he went OVER BOARD :( He told me I deserved something beautiful and I was worth it....which made me feel worse because he was so proud of them. <strong>Do I keep them and wear them seldomly or take them back to get what I originally wanted?</strong> I haven't figured it out  yet. A few years ago he bought be a pink saphire neckalce from Tiffany's and we took it back because I didn't like it. Ever since then he has been kinda hurt about it. When I mentioned taking the earrings back he brought the Tiffany necklace up :( His man-ego was hurt.

Is there a reason you wouldnt wear them often?  I have diamond stud earrings that are my everyday earrings because they go with everything and I never have to change them.  I honestly havent taken them out (except to clean them) since FI bought them for me over 3 yrs ago.  I wouldnt return them since they were bought with the best of intentions and it sounds like he put a lot of thought into it.</address>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ML- Keep the earrings. What girl doesn't need a pair of diamond earrings!?

I got a pair of UGG boots from my FI. Yes, I know UGG is for ugly, but they are OOOO so comfy! And my mom got me an awesome blender for all these protein shakes I've been making!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already AWed this last week.  But here is a picture of the necklace DH got me.  It's kind of blurry - taken with my phone.  It's from Tiffany's.

I also got a bottle of my favorite perfume, some baking cooling racks, a new shirt, a scarf and some other jewelry from my ILs.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a Juicy sweatsuit from Ben.  I may never take it off.

Also a Bobby Flay cookbook, of course my carpet and couch cleaning and a new kitchen faucet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI got me the camera that I wanted so I can practice using it before our honeymoon. My dad and grandma gave me money which I used for a new printer/scanner/copier since mine decided to stop working a few months ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 18th
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Courts got me a pink infinity scarf I really wanted. He also got me a BB&B giftcard so I can get some cooking stuff. I also got BB&B giftcards from my aunt, my SIL, and my parents. I already got the basics with giftcards and cash from the wedding, so I should be able to get something fun (maybe an ice cream maker??) with these. My sister got me some really pretty jewelry from White House Black Market and MIL got us camping cots, which is perfect (I hope they're comfy!). My parents got me a bunch of awesome Bath & Body Works stuff, which I love but rarely buy for myself. They're also paying for my flight to the Music Libraries conference in Feb. I was totally jealous of my sister's new iTouch, but I have to go to conference and I can't afford the ticket :(
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got awesome new Riedell skates with hot pink wheels from my FI. He also got me the pads and helmet, etc. because I told him I wanted to join roller derby. I'm so excited!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just felt guilty to be honest. It was really about the cost. They were alot of money.

I said i'd wear them seldomly becuase when I tried them on, the post guage was thick and I couldn't even fit them into my ears until working with it for a while. Then I hard a time getting them out. It just takes alot of time putting them on and taking them off. But they are screw back so that is a positive.

...and they were round cuts. My e-ring and wedding band are princess cut diamonds.I couldn't figure out why he bought round, when I don't have anything to match them.

We talked about it and when I asked him why he picked the round ones, he explained those were the only ones they had in stock at the time. We compromised and we are exchanging them for princess cuts. It will take about a week to get them though since every store in the DFW was pretty much sold out. Now, I'm so excited about them and he is excited too :)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Tiffany & Michelle- I didn't think of it like that, but you are right! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_christmas-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e0f54770-0089-492c-b4a8-ffe895b71ec6Post:d6e9342f-00f7-4f62-9563-a9533b9b727a">Re: Christmas Pics!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just felt guilty to be honest. It was really about the cost. They were alot of money.   I said i'd wear them seldomly becuase when I tried them on, the post guage was thick and I couldn't even fit them into my ears until working with it for a while. Then I hard a time getting them out. It just takes alot of time putting them on and taking them off. But they are screw back so that is a positive.  ...and they were round cuts. My e-ring and wedding band are princess cut diamonds.I couldn't figure out why he bought round, when I don't have anything to match them. We talked about it and when I asked him why he picked the round ones, he explained those were the only ones they had in stock at the time. We compromised and we are exchanging them for princess cuts. It will take about a week to get them though since every store in the DFW was pretty much sold out. Now, I'm so excited about them and he is excited too :) Thanks for the advice everyone! Tiffany & Michelle- I didn't think of it like that, but you are right! :)

I agree with the other girls that I wear my diamond stud EVERY day...I never take them out except to clean them :)

On any diamond over a certain carat the posts will be larger and usually a screw back. I went from hardly ever wearing earrings to 5/8 ct. in each ear (and those have screw backs) and I can assure you my ears were sore for like a straight week but I just sucked it up and dealt with it...now I don't even notice they are there (pain wise) 

Even the ones I bought for my mom (I think the were the size right under 1/2 ct had screw backs....

Keep them (or trade them for princess cut) but I promise just wear them and you will fall in love with them and never be able to take them out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards