Registry and Gift Forum

Registering////Bridal Shower

Hi! So My fiance and I are not going to register for the wedding in hopes people will just give us money b/c we are poor college students. (: Anyways I was wondering do  I register for Bridal Shower even if im not registering for the wedding??? I'm sure I could find a couple of things we would want if i am supposed to register for the bridal shower. 

Thanks! (:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering////Bridal Shower

• I think the whole point of a bridal shower is to "shower you with gifts". So, unless you want surprise gifts that may not fit your style, I would register.
  • While it's not REQUIRED to have a registry if you're having a shower, it's definitely weird to accept someone's offer to throw you a shower if you don't actually want gifts.

My advice?  If you need stuff, register for it.  It doesn't have to be a huge registry -- you don't have to register for crystal or china (unless you want to) -- you can keep it essentials that you're going to need, or stuff that will replace the student-quality stuff you already own.

If your registry is completed, people will probably give you money.  
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registeringbridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:35b03039-760c-4edf-850d-52512b6bb2d0Post:7bd5ec3a-3a7c-4621-93b6-24f27bb91ce5">Re: Registering////Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the whole point of a bridal shower is to "shower you with gifts". So, unless you want surprise gifts that may not fit your style, I would register.
    Posted by RampageRayRay[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree with this.  Showers are for physical gifts, not cash.  I don't know what your living situation is, but I would definitely try to upgrade your college stuff--linens, dishes, cookware, etc.  If you don't have space now, maybe you could store things with a family member and take stuff gradually as you have space.</div>
  • Thank you all very much. Great ideas. I think we are going to register at Bed Bath & Beyond for few things for the shower. Thanks (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a college student, too, so we registered for things we need now, mostly - but also for stuff we might not use very often until a few years down the road - fine china, crystal candlesticks, things like that. Is there anything you might want once you're out of college?

If you're having a shower, you definitely should register or you'll end up with random gifts. It's fine not to add more to your registry for the wedding, but if you are having a shower, people need to be able to buy you physical gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards