New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Locations in poughkeepsie?

Hello,
Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Poughkeepsie for a rehearsal dinner?  25-30 people in a private area or semi-private area?  I've contacted Amici's and Mahoney's but neither has gotten back to me.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in poughkeepsie?

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Cosimo's and really had a great experience. We had a nice private room with an outdoor terrace, they worked within our budget and the food was really great. I highly recommend them!
  • Options
    steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my future SIL used the riverstation in poughkeepsie and loved it she had about the same amount of people. I am thinking about having it at the Hyde Park Brewery, a little different but the place is renovated and beautiful and we are beer lovers and like their home brewed beer.a little different dining experience but I would like to have a more casual layed back dinner for the rehersal.
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel in November and we just recently looked at Shadows on the Hudson for the rehearsal. They have a number of different rooms and the prices are very reasonable. 
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-locations-poughkeepsie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:6a70fc05-7912-442c-ba86-fece47e81c3dPost:b66cd887-6f8b-4c78-baa5-61df3a7f0aae">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in poughkeepsie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel in November and we just recently looked at Shadows on the Hudson for the rehearsal. They have a number of different rooms and the prices are very reasonable. 
    Posted by kristinadillon[/QUOTE]

I'm having mine here on August 5th- I'll let you know how it goes!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KWats yes!! awesome!! let me know!! Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL is looking into Cosimos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the help!
    Kristin - My only concern with Shadow's is the privacy, is there a private area or do they give you a corner of the restaurant?
    Also, I had my shower at Cosimo's, but my fi and I love it there, is it weird to have the rehearsal at the same place?

Thanks again!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend Cosimos too. If I lived in Dutchess and was getting married there I would do the rehearsal there.
    I think it's okay to do your shower and rehearsal at the same place. Why not???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Coppolas, they have 2 private rooms to choose from. 
    Food was great, and you can't beat the price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coco's in Hyde Park is great too- have yet to do any wedding functions but my fiancee's parents have events there all the time in the private room and they are very accomodating and SUCH nice people! Good luck!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    Hudson's is great and they have a private room!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-locations-poughkeepsie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:6a70fc05-7912-442c-ba86-fece47e81c3dPost:a1a9770c-8c7d-4f76-82a0-23cb6ba3fbd4">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in poughkeepsie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the help! Kristin - My only concern with Shadow's is the privacy, is there a private area or do they give you a corner of the restaurant? Also, I had my shower at Cosimo's, but my fi and I love it there, is it weird to have the rehearsal at the same place? Thanks again!!
    Posted by spinwife[/QUOTE]

For a small group, they have a private room- maybe like 30 people? We will be in a corner of the restaurant though- that's ok!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for all the help!  Hopefully we have something nailed down within a week ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    clairedepauwclairedepauw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I just created a website with a comprehensive list of wedding locations by location, style, and name. http://www.hudsonvalleyweddingfever.com/

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at The Milanese. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is at Riverstation in Poughkeepsie right by the waterfront and they have a great view of the bridge at night all lit up. We love their food also. It's not as nice looking as shadows on the inside but they have an upstairs room and the food is wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards