New York

One of you is guilty...

of royally pissing me off. I don't know who, but I will find out sooner or later. I should not have my mom texting me saying "I hear you have a b*tch blog*, and then saying that my aunt's boss was sending her a fax to see if it sounded familiar to her and if it was me. My immediate thought of hearing this was to write negative reviews of the business any place possible, since I don't think that ANY of us on here would want to use vendors who fax around our posts. This is a place for brides to get information to share with each other. So now my post has been in the hands of a business owner, my aunt, and next my mother (oh, and one other person who I will get to in a minute). May I also mention that my mom then texts me saying that she's sorry they couldn't afford a better wedding for us. Not once did I ever mention anything about not having enough money or not having good enough things. I LOVED where our wedding was, the decor, etc. So now has this person not only pissed me off royally, now my mom feels like sh*t thinking they didn't do enough (WHICH may I also add that my parents gave us a lot of money, and helped out a TON)

Also, what was the purpose of sending my post around? Why does it matter? People want to hear reviews of others wedding, see pics etc. That's just what I did... NOWHERE in the post was the business mentioned in any way shape or form. I simply stated the things that went wrong at my wedding. i.e, the DJ screwed up our entrance, I forgot the flower girl basket, we were a half hour late, etc. I haven't gotten to the vendor reviews yet, and I'm glad I haven't.

So here's where someone on TK comes in. Now I get a text saying that it's someone who works at this business who is getting married. So just FYI, while I understand that this is a public site, the idea is for us to share things with each other. I really don't appreciate whoever it was sending my post to their boss, and having their boss send it to my aunt, who is now sending it to my mother. Now whoever it was, please stop and think about this. Would you want me going and copying your posts and sending them around to people? I don't think so. I am FUMING right now. And I'm sure you will now go around and tell my aunt that I wrote this one too, who will then tell my mother, who will then text me about it.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but really ... I am the sweetest person in the world until you piss me off, and I really feel like I could rip this person's head off right now... so if you are the guilty party, I am sorry for calling you out, but you had no right doing what you did
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: One of you is guilty...

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had to go through this. This is definitely not what TK should be for. It wasn't me (I don't even have a job) and I hope whoever it was fesses up and is mature about doing so.
    Photobucket
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. That really sucks esp. because your mom feels upset. I would be fumingggg if someone messed with my family like that and made them feel bad. Not cool at all. And you're right this is a place where we should be able to vent and chat without worrying about creepers running around sending out the info. I swear it was not me (1. I work at a school and 2. have no clue where your wedding was or who your vendors were). I hope whoever did that to you can be a woman about it and fess up.
  • edited December 2011
    Uh oh... I wouldn't want to be that person.  yikes.  I hope you get your answer.

FWIW- unless your vendor was a hospital... I'm innocent.  I work at the VA and Crouse..
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And for whoever it was, I won't hate you forever .. just for a while for the drama that this has caused. It would have been much more efficient to simply say "Hey, a lady I work with was talking about her neice's wedding and it sounds like what you said.. are you by any chance related to _______" or something of the sort. In the future, please keep TK stuff on TK.

And with that said, time for me and DH to fill up on wine slushies and horrible fair food and to forget about this
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    CD- eat your 3 fried things!!!!  Hope this smooths over.  Have an awesome time w/ your HUBBY tonight.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry you had to go through that. These forums are meant to be a place to share, and even vent, but by no means should it interfere with your relationships or daily life. I also swear it wasn't me, unless your vendor was an architectural firm!! (and I've only been on this site a few weeks). Let some time pass, I'm sure it'll all turn out OK.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks, sorry you have to deal with the drama. I agree, you should be able to come on here and vent (semi) anonymously without having to worry about backlash from your family.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this happened to you!  I'm out in MA and don't know any of your details or relatives.  This is a great board to chat, get opinions, and privately vent.  Really hope it stays that way, we're an awesome group of ladies.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry also that you had to go through all of this.  I do have to say that I am also innocent...I work at a school as a nurse...so my boss doesn't even work with me.

• rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would not be me either, I don't talk about or share the Knot post information with anyone

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that.. I did read your vent, but you didn't mention any places or names which is always smart when you are trying to keep things anonymous, so that sucks that things couldn't be kept within the board. Undecided
    p.s. It wasn't me.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG that is awful!!! I would have never thought people would use this site in that manner but I guess it's good to know now. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this and I hope it blows over soon.

(Oh and it definitely wasn't me!)
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really crazy! I hope whoever it is will admit it, maybe then you can figure out why, and start to put it all behind you, focusing of course on the wonderful life you have with your husband!
  • ski2playski2play member
    edited December 2011

This down right stinks.  Unbelievable that someone would take out of context what you said in a "vent" post and pass it on.  Ugh.  Sit your momma down and let her know that your wedding was wonderful.  She has known you your entire life and thus your word should be so much stronger than that of a "crazy not very nice, certainly not trustworthy, lower than a worms belly" troll type knottie who only likes to be a drama llama and stir the pot.

p.s.  I have a really sweet shovel and do not mind digging if you decide to bury them!  JK, have a grand time at the fair!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this!  It wasn't me - I'm in Minnesota and I've been MIA so I don't think I even saw the vent.  I hope your Mom understand things might be being taken out of context!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear all this! I think youre an incredibly sweet girl who simply needed to take a moment to vent about the things of your wedding that bothered you. Ive been there, it happens, but by no means does it mean youre ungrateful to your parents or that you consider your wedding "bad", it just had its moments.

I work at SU and intern with addicts, so it wasnt me. We all have said things in pure need of venting and its pretty sad that someone would take it a step farther and rat someone out for soing so. I dont know for sure but I can only imagine its some low life lurking troll who maybe has posted once or twice but by no means is one of the regulars...Im hoping anyways.

Show yourself lowlife. Let us tag you for what you really are!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks for you! This is supposed to be a safe place to vent. Whoever did this is taking it way out of context. I bet it was a lurker. It's not fair that they're making your mom feel bad about it. I would be so beyond pissed that they upset my mom like that!
    p.s. I swear it wasn't me. I work at a university, which is a brand new job, hence I've been kind of MIA from TK, in case you're wondering who the h I am. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is really crappy, especially because I know we all come here too vent at one point or another (usually about stuff we don't want broadcasted to family and friends).  I have to say that I was really confused when I read this post and had to go back and find your original post that related to this one, that obviously rules me out (that and the fact that I'm a substitute teacher so I work with different people every day).  I'm sorry this happened to you, there's absolutely no reason the person responsible shouldl have done this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still a little confused. Someone who works for one of your vendors posts, or more likely lurks, on here and passed along your venting post to the owner? It's creepy to think who could be reading what we write. I would never say anything to people's vendors because that's just pathetic and because I plan to use this place as an outlet to vent if need be. Also, I don't live or work in the area so that's my alibi. So sorry you had to go through this - a very uncomfortable situation!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened!  That's so crazy!!  And a little scary.

Vent posts should always feel free here; how else would we survive the wedding planning craziness?!  Hope it blows over soon.   
    Anniversary
  • mek20mek20 member
    edited December 2011
    omfg...i would seriously rip that person a new a$$ hole...

you dont have to worry about me--i'm a nanny and really have no boss--nor do I care that you vent on here...isn't that what TK is for?

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • edited December 2011
    i was just coming on here to vent about wedding weekend stress and read this..this sucks and makes me nervous about using this board to vent.  im really sorry u have to deal with the drama.. please know i would never do such a thing  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_one-of-guilty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:f4939be1-fe97-44d7-9bc9-49e461518bf0Post:376ab638-5d4f-45f8-b4c2-18a74146d7f4">Re: One of you is guilty...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still a little confused. Someone who works for one of your vendors posts, or more likely lurks, on here and passed along your venting post to the owner? It's creepy to think who could be reading what we write. I would never say anything to people's vendors because that's just pathetic and because I plan to use this place as an outlet to vent if need be. Also, I don't live or work in the area so that's my alibi. So sorry you had to go through this - a very uncomfortable situation!
    Posted by ChelseaB425[/QUOTE]

From what Im understanding someone who comes on here to post/lurk and is getting married, also works for one of her vendors and showed her boss the post about her wedding recap. Now the boss is sending the post to I believe her mom.

Pretty shitty thing for someone to do. IMO this person is pure scum. Im sure whoever it is is reading this. Does your fiance know what a horrible person you are, or is he just as big a waste of space? Do you know who I am? Who are you gunna run to now?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards