Rhode Island
Options

West Valley Inn & Recommendations for wedding decorator?

Hi all,

I have a little deliema, we are looking at West Valley Inn in West Warwick for our reception. I was hoping for The Biltmore but after trying the numbers it's way out of our budget and I really don't want to budge on the dress or wedding bands.

Anyways, has anyone been or had a wedding at West Valley Inn, if you have what is your experience with them?

Also the inside is a little bland for my taste. I'm going to need a lot of drapping, uplighting and other little things. Can anyone recommend linens/lighting companies to me that do a nice job but won't totally break the bank? Thanks so much! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: West Valley Inn & Recommendations for wedding decorator?

• Options
    I have been to a couple of weddings there. They did a nice job. What room are you planning on having yours in? Did you look at other venues?
  • Options
    We haven't picked a room yet. The ceilings just seem very low to me and the rooms very dark and dreary.

We are also going to check out the Atlantic Beach Club and Wannamoisett Country Club. 
  • Options
    tootsy26tootsy26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I would highly recommend Wannamoisett Country Club. I have been to 5 weddings (over the course of a couple of years) and at different times of the year and they were simply outstanding. The room is beautiful. The staff was great. My friends that got married there said they had no problems what so ever. They even used there preferred vendors and it worked out great. My cousin got married at Atlantic Beach Club in May of 2010 and that was nice also. The only down fall I found was cocktail hour was held outside the main room and I found it very tight for the guest. There was no space to move and you basically was standing. My vote Wannamoisett!! Kepp me posted.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll keep them all in mind and keep looking!
  • Options
    Another thing to keep in mind is how much all the decor is going to cost...when you add up all the cost of the lighting(which is VERY expensive), draping, etc.  it may actually have been cheaper to book a pricier venue that does not need extra decor.  It would be a huge weight lifted off your shoulders as well to not have to worry about all those extra details.  My suggestion is that if your going to put out money for decor anyway, put that money towards your venue budget and try to book a place that is beautiful just the way it is :) Trust me, the less you have to do/worry about, the better!! :)
  • Options
    I actually found lighting for what I think is a pretty decent price ($25 each light). Sounds pretty reasonable? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards