Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil Question

Okay so I have a two tiered veil and I would like to wear it over my face at least while I'm walking down the aisle.
The question is, when and who should lift it.
Should it be my dad when he "gives me away."
My future hubby right before our vows.
Or my FH right before he kisses me at the end???
Please help!!

Re: Veil Question

• Options
    I think that's a matter of personal preference, I've seen it done all of the ways you've just listed.  I like it when hubby lifts the veil for the kiss, I just think it's the most romantic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I believe that traditionally, whoever is giving away the bride lifts it, kisses the bride, then puts it back down again. And then later, your (then H) lifts it right before he kisses you.

Well, I think thats how it goes.  :)
  • Options

Hey Anniebee-

So traditionally the groom can lift it after you say your vows. A lot of people have their father lift it as he gives them away. So it's a personal choice.

Have you considered wearing it thrown back? It doesn't have to cover your face.

• Options
    Doing it twice makes sense, I guess I had never thought of that. I'm still tied between my FH doing it right before the vows or before the kiss...Thanks for the help. :)
  • Options
    I LOVE the way it looks flowing over my face, that's why I bought the one I did.
  • Options

I would suggest maybe before your vows. That way he can clearly look into your eyes as you say your vows to each other and as the photographer takes photos of those moments of speaking your vows your face is uncovered.

• Options
    That's a very good point thanks!
  • Options
    I had my father lift it before he sat down because I'm usually a crier and didn't want to deal with the veil if I started to tear up.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ultimately it's up to you... I think I would like my FI to see me, and have photos of us looking at each other and not just of the veil, which can be hard for the guests/FI to see you through.  So I would have your dad do it, or your FI before the vows or something.
  • Options
    I'm having my dad lift it. One of the pieces of advice I have seen previously is that the veil can hinder pictures. As far as how well you are seen in the pictures of your ceremony etc. I can't not really attest to either way but I thought I would put the thought in your head that the pictures of your ceremony may not be as great if you keep it on the whole time. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I guess I broke tradition.  Since my parents and grandparents were all deceased I had a very dear friend who is like a big brother to me walk me down the aisle.  I didn't wear my veil over my face. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • Options
    It is completely up to you! I had my dad lift it after "giving me away" but I had always dreamed of having my husband do it before our first kiss as husband and wife. I had my dad do it because I thought the pictures would be better that way, but now I really wished that I would have had my husband do it. My advice is do it the way you have always imagined no matter what sounds better or other people including the photographer says you should do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards