Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thrifty!!

I just ordered business card thingys that are going to go in our STDs that have a pic of us on one side and our website info on the back. The best part is that, after much internet searching, I ended up getting 100 cards for 99 cents plus shipping! Woohoo! I love a good deal.

Have you gotten any good deals on anything lately? Are you more a saver or a spender? What kinds of things do you splurge on?
Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

Re: Thrifty!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely a spender, but I try to be thrifty on what I spend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a really great deal! Good job on that :)

I was a saver up until last year. Then I adopted this horrible mantra "What's the point of money if you don't spend it?" Ugh. I'm constantly buying things for other people, myself, my pets, and donating it. It's great but I really ought to be saving it for something.
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On some level I wish I wasn't so much of a saver...I think it causes me undue anxiety. Like I feel bad even spending money on things like groceries and rent.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Saver, bought a livingsocial voucher for $50 but paid $10 for vista print.  Bought STD magnets on vistaprint, had money left and bought a T-shirt from there that says "Who has the best fiancee in the world?  This guy right here that's who" FI says something along those lines daily so I thought it be funny to get him one. 
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely thrifty, I don't like paying a lot for anything, especially clothes.  I can't bring myself to spend more than $15 on a shirt or $20 on pants....I'm a big fan of consignment stores.  LOL.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm definltely a saver.  Although when I buy clothes shoes, purses, I'd rather buy high quality items that will last.  My favorite clothes stores is Express, good stuff and not too expensive.

Anniversary

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty thrifty, though I've started spending a bit more for clothes and shoes because the quality really is a lot different.

I got 100 STDs from VP for $16... they include a photo and are full color on the front and back. I thought that was a great deal. I also got 20 table runners and false eyelashes for $12 (+ shipping). I'm a regular over on the Wedding Classifieds board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Saver, for sure. I hoarde my money and wait until there's something I really want. I will splurge on little things - for example, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I'm treating myself to a nice pedicure because I'm wearing fancy sandals. Right now I'm saving up so I can buy some new office clothes for my first grown-up job =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woah it said there were 78 responses.

I am pretty thrifty. I'm all about deals, but I end up buying stuff I don't need a lot because of the fact that it is on sale.

I recently got a monogrammed canvas bag, 100 oversized STD postcards, and 100 return address labels from VP for $8 shipping. Pretty good deal :) I'm not going to end up using the STDs though, I think we're gonna wait until after our e-pics.
    5/27/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards