Massachusetts
Options

Choosing a date in Lenox - weather? foliage?

Hi ladies and gents!

My fiance and I have finally decided on Elm Court Estate in Lenox for our ceremony and reception and have to choose a date tonight!  Our options are September 15 or October 6th 2012. 

I'm torn because the foliage will be near peak during the first weekend of October, but I'm not sure about the weather that time of year, and we are having our ceremony outside (perhaps a cocktail our at sunset or an hour or less of toasts and casual dessert outside after dark to break up the evening - dinner and dancing will probably be inside for the most part. 

I was told that there will be some color change in mid-september, but does it even remotely compare to October?   Mostly just want to make sure my guests are comfortable and I want to take advantage of the colors if at all possible.  Can anyone give me a feel for what the two dates will be like on average temp and color wise? I would love any advice that anyone has!  And if anyone who lives out that way or has wed in the Berkshires has pics to share so that I can get a better idea of what the colors are like, I would love to see them!

Thanks!  Connie

Re: Choosing a date in Lenox - weather? foliage?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this post is too late for your decision, but there will be almost no color in mid-September compared to October - if color is what you want definitely pick October.  As for weather and temperature that can vary wildly and can be mild or freezing.
  • Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree w/ PP. You definitely won't get color that early in September. As for temperature it'll be a little chillier in Oct. (avg. 55-70 vs. 60-80 it was really warm in the Berkshires last September, it felt like August!) but you can always pass out cute wraps to keep your guests warm! A friend of mine who got married in Oct. did that for her outdoor ceremony and it was very thoughtful. Also provded for some cute pictures!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards