Moms and Maids
Options

Two dresses for bridal party?

I am the bride and need a few ideas.  We are getting married at Disney World in December next year, so our ceremony will be formal and our reception and after party will be very laid back.  I am wearing a long dress for the ceremony and changing to a short one for the reception, I was thinking of having the girls do the same.  I'm paying for the ceremony dresses but I was thinking of asking them to bring cute little black dresses with them for the reception and or after party.  What do y'all think?  I don't have limits or a certain look for the black dresses they bring, just that they are black. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker I'm a Disney Bride!! WDW 12-6-12

Re: Two dresses for bridal party?

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this might be too much.

I would imagine that everyone is traveling to Disney World for the wedding.  That's a lot of travel expenses right there.  Then they are told that you will be buying the dress so they're all thinking "phew!  That saved a little money!" and now you're saying "just kidding, buy a little black dress instead."

I know it doesn't seem like a lot and they can wear whatever black dress they like, but it might be upsetting to hear "it's all covered!" and plan accordingly only to hear "no wait!  Buy this!"  Know what I mean?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_two-dresses-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b1204a8b-2801-43de-8dd3-b8a6ea0aa4d4Post:26a00c63-ba21-4f94-9c2f-870bbb308fbc">Re: Two dresses for bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this might be too much. I would imagine that everyone is traveling to Disney World for the wedding.  That's a lot of travel expenses right there.  Then they are told that you will be buying the dress so they're all thinking "phew!  That saved a little money!" and now you're saying "just kidding, buy a little black dress instead." I know it doesn't seem like a lot and they can wear whatever black dress they like, but it might be upsetting to hear "it's all covered!" and plan accordingly only to hear "no wait!  Buy this!"  Know what I mean?
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

They all own LBD's already so they wouldn't need to buy anything additional.  I just want them to feel comfortable, in fact I could just have them wear their LBD's instead of a bridemaids' dress and buy their plane tickets...we can fly from MI to MCO for 99.99 each way...so that cost would end up being just a little more than the dress...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I'm a Disney Bride!! WDW 12-6-12
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_two-dresses-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b1204a8b-2801-43de-8dd3-b8a6ea0aa4d4Post:fa1e3a66-7918-45bd-a97f-a68a0f2c1572">Re: Two dresses for bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two dresses for bridal party? : They all own LBD's already so they wouldn't need to buy anything additional.  I just want them to feel comfortable,<strong> in fact I could just have them wear their LBD's instead of a bridemaids' dress and buy their plane tickets.</strong>..we can fly from MI to MCO for 99.99 each way...so that cost would end up being just a little more than the dress...
    Posted by SuperConnie2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I would probably do this option, your BMs would probably love it.</div>
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_two-dresses-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b1204a8b-2801-43de-8dd3-b8a6ea0aa4d4Post:fa1e3a66-7918-45bd-a97f-a68a0f2c1572">Re: Two dresses for bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two dresses for bridal party? : They all own LBD's already so they wouldn't need to buy anything additional.  I just want them to feel comfortable, in fact I could just have them wear their LBD's instead of a bridemaids' dress and buy their plane tickets...we can fly from MI to MCO for 99.99 each way...so that cost would end up being just a little more than the dress...
    Posted by SuperConnie2012[/QUOTE]

Well - wow!  That would awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like your second plan very much. I'm sure your bms would be very happy if you decide to cover their plane tickets and let them wear a dress that they already own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards