Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Def Cupcakes

My question is does the cake/cupcakes have to have the same theme as your wedding (if you're having a themed wedding)?  I'm thinking we'll have 3 different types of cupcakes and it would be easier to just have whatever icing goes best with the flavor instead of worrying about coloring to go with the theme.

Hope this makes sense.

I originally wanted to do cake pops but don't like the frosting (chocolate) usually used to go over the cake.  I'd much prefer frosting.

Re: Def Cupcakes

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you use food color with the icing that goes best?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking I could use food coloring for frosting that would be white OR maybe just use colored cupcake holders.  I'm assuming the bakery that I choose would work with me on this.  I wonder if colored ribbon around the edge of the the cupcake tier would be enough.

I'm in the very beginning stages of planning so just running through some ideas.

Maybe something like this.

• colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be very hard for them to get the exact shade you want, especially if they don't have the flowers or dresses to match it up with. I'd say cupcakes don't need to match anyway. You don't have the entry match.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say just do whatever flavor goes with the cupcake. Just organize them all together so they look even.
  • Flirt01Flirt01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing cupcakes as well and I decided to just go with the frosting that would best go with the flavor. We decided to have a variety of flavors, so we will have a few different colors of frosting.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_def-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:687fc57f-3bf8-4e17-ba11-6161225dae1aPost:e92696c0-f0f8-4d31-8a00-d2d7d4a8de60">Re: Def Cupcakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing cupcakes as well and I decided to just go with the frosting that would best go with the flavor. We decided to have a variety of flavors, so we will have a few different colors of frosting.
    Posted by Flirt01[/QUOTE]

So you didn't necessarily worry about the colors matching your theme? I don't have too much to worry about since I'm not having a bridal party. But my fiancé and I will be wearing purple (bouquet and boutonniere). We can glue purple ribbon on the rims of the cupcake tower/tier and not worry about the actual color of the cupcakes.

Thanks gals!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_def-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:687fc57f-3bf8-4e17-ba11-6161225dae1aPost:e92696c0-f0f8-4d31-8a00-d2d7d4a8de60">Re: Def Cupcakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing cupcakes as well and I decided to just go with the frosting that would best go with the flavor. We decided to have a variety of flavors, so we will have a few different colors of frosting.
    Posted by Flirt01[/QUOTE]
    Best advice.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Flirt01Flirt01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I didn't worry about the colors matching my theme. I just care about how they taste! LOL.I have a fall theme going on, and to tie it in I am going to decorate around the cupcakes with pumpkins and fake leaves. I guess that will kind of tie it in.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely just match the frosting flavor to the cupcake itself.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards