Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Need Wedding Ideas

I'm planning a wedding for this July in Cincinnati. We have already booked our venue for the reception. However, as much as I love the reception site I would like something different for the actual ceremony. My fiance and I aren't religious. We are looking for something outside and we already have a back up plan in the event of bad weather. I've tried checking into the park system but it seems as though many of the nearby parks are set up for you to rent both the ceremony and reception site together. We have 200 attending the reception but are willing to have as few as 100 at the actual wedding. I am having a hard time planning and being able to look at venues bc my fiancé and I live in south Carolina. I would like web sites with a lot of pictures and some one who is skilled in planning over the phone. Any info is appreciated

Re: Need Wedding Ideas

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_need-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:40462b43-2a63-4a56-9242-1bf7f4827b0fPost:906a3668-d18e-4b3b-a8ca-6c1cfa5bdf14">Need Wedding Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning a wedding for this July in Cincinnati. We have already booked our venue for the reception. However, as much as I love the reception site I would like something different for the actual ceremony. My fiance and I aren't religious. We are looking for something outside and we already have a back up plan in the event of bad weather. I've tried checking into the park system but it seems as though many of the nearby parks are set up for you to rent both the ceremony and reception site together. <strong>We have 200 attending the reception but are willing to have as few as 100 at the actual wedding.</strong> I am having a hard time planning and being able to look at venues bc my fiancé and I live in south Carolina. I would like web sites with a lot of pictures and some one who is skilled in planning over the phone. Any info is appreciated
    Posted by JoniLauren[/QUOTE]
    Whoever you invite to the reception needs to be invited to the ceremony as well.  I would be insulted if I were invited to the reception and to bring the couple a gift, but wasn't important enough to be invited to their ceremony.

Since you have already booked your reception venue - is there a different area at the reception venue where you could have the ceremony?  An outdoor area or another area of the facility?  You have already looked into parks, which is the obvious option.  You could also consider botanical gardens or a similar property.

In terms of information related to South Carolina specifically, check out the local boards <-------- on the left where people from South Carolina can give you more useful information in your area.
  • Options
    Don't do that. Unless your ceremony is truly private (less than 20 people, immediate family only), you really need to invite everyone to it. The ceremony is the meaningful part, after all. Inviting all your guests to all of your wedding (ceremony+reception) is the right thing to do.
  • Options
    I would say keep it small if you're going to have a separate ceremony - that should open up some options as far as where you can have it. Also, I think you're guests will better understand not being invited if you keep the ceremony an intimate affair. Here's an article about finding a park, etc that might help: 
  • Options
    Is there a nature sanctuary nearby?  That's where I'm having my ceremony, in an ampitheater.  Just something to look into if you have one around.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards