Getting in Shape

Thought I should say thanks... and hi!

So I've been lurking around this board for a while now and mostly read it for motivation, work out and diet ideas, and I've grown to like the idea of group accountability but am a shy person who was afraid to post.

I've been having one of those days where work has been crazy stressful, I'm exhausted and all I can think about is eating something awesome like a cheeseburger or this weird guilty pleasure mayonnaise-laden seafood salad (my fiance thinks it's foul, but I'm obsessed).  Right before lunch when I was having an internal debate of whether I will feel better for eating fatty food or avoiding it, I was like "I wonder what the GIS girls would say."  At that moment I realized that obviously I know I don't NEED to eat something terrible, and went with the healthy veggie pasta I brought to work because that's probably what would have been advised.  All in all, I figured I should say thanks because you guys and this board helped derail me from devouring empty calories that I would have just felt bad about.  So thanks ladies! :)

As I said, I've been lurking for a while but have only ever posted on my wedding month board.  A little background: I'm getting married in October and am not only trying to look my best, but work towards enjoying a healthy, fit and active lifestyle overall.  I've been overweight my whole life but hit my peak last year.  I lost about 35 pounds last year doing stupid crash dieting, fell off the wagon (duh) and gained it all back plus 5 more.  Something about getting engaged and thinking about a future family, and also legitimately researching food, weight loss and active lifestyles, finally lead me to believe that healthy living was all I needed to do.  So far, I've lost 22 pounds in about two and half months and am to the point of enjoying working out and the high of eating right.  However, as I think most of us do, I have difficult days, such as today... And I realize that maybe being a part of a forum with like-minded ladies is just what I need!  Plus, I'm super uncreative in the gym so I'll probably snag some workout ideas from time to time. 

I'm already thinking of challenges for next month and am looking forward to actively participating here!  Oh, and I do already use MyFitnessPal!

Re: Thought I should say thanks... and hi!

• Yay! Sounds like you're on the right track, glad we could provide a little inspiration! Definitely speak up and join accountability, everyone has off days but it's important to hold yourself accountable for the good and the bad days!

Glad you were able to overcome the bad food urge :)
  • Stage, I'm going to add you on MFP. Cool?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    HI! I want to add some of you on MFP, too. I can't figure out how to do it though. I only see options for adding via e-mail and FAcebook. 

Never mind. I figured it out.
  • Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me as well. My name on MFP is the same as it is here. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Cool, I'll get everyone added on there today.  My name on there is a little more personal than on here but it's missparisfaye in case anyone is wondering who is adding you!

In response to kwith, the wedding planning is actually going really well.  I go through phases of doing a lot and then taking a break when it gets a little tiring or overwhelming.  I'm not letting myself get too stressed though, as this is what I wanted after all! 

I also have one awesome cat.  She has quite the personality and she's my little buddy.  We'll get a dog one day but we live in an apartment in a city, so it just won't work right now!  And I LOVE wine.  In fact, we just went wine tasting over the weekend for a friend's birthday.  My fiance is actually from Sonoma County (near Napa, for those who don't know) originally, so it's hard for someone from there to be adverse to wine...

Here is my cat (Roary) close up shot... I see you guys start photo threads every once in a while, so I'll throw some more on there when I have more photos!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards