California-Northern
Options

Local Venues in San Joaquin County or up to an hour away...

We are looking for some good local venues for a reception and wedding.  We're okay with driving a bit.  Looking for a good out door venue on a budget.  Doesn't have to be a winery, just pretty and economical.  Please help.

Re: Local Venues in San Joaquin County or up to an hour away...

• Options
    lisaD26lisaD26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't find anything, so a farm center in Tracy it is!

• Options
    pistolyettipistolyetti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A farm sounds nice.  I'm looking for that kind of feel.  Nothing fancy, but nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Japanese Garden at Micke Grove in Lodi is pretty. What is your budget? 
  • Options
    pistolyettipistolyetti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to pay no more than 4k for reception, food, and ceremony.  We'll either make everything else (i.e. bouqet, centerpieces) or its on a different budget (dress and tuxes).  We prefer them to be at the same location, but two different locations is doable.

Want a Sunday Morning Wedding.  Outdoors, possible gazebo.  Love good views too.  Oh and a winning lottery ticket would be good too.  LOL.  It may seem like a lot but, we're hopeful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this might be a little bit TOO far for you, but I thought I'd recommend it anyways.
    My venue, which I booked just recently (so excited!!) is Rush Ranch and near Travic Air Force Base in Suisun City.  It's beautiful: photos of it from my blog.

It's between $1500-$2000 for a full rent-out of the venue...essentially for the weekend (though that may change), and that includes use of a 'guest-house' for one or two nights, lots of open space, an area where people could camp if you wanted to let them, indoor space (which we're using to show a slideshow and for dancing) that has a small kitchen-y area and a projector that we're using for a photo slideshow.

It's beautiful, the people are nice, and although there's a 10pm 'curfew' it's only for the benefit of the on-site caretaker who, after talking with me and FI, seemed not really care much at all if it goes later.

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them as much as I can.

Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards