Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Cheap bakeries

I'm looking for a cheaper bakery in the northern suburbs. I wanted to do the more traditional wedding cake(not cupcakes). We're planning on about 200 guests. Any suggestions?

Re: Cheap bakeries

• edited December 2011
    www.cup-cakerybakery.com/ I don't remember which suburb they are in but we use them a lot at work and their flavors are awesome! They also do wedding cakes and they are pretty reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Grandmas Bakery out of White Bear Lake. They were one of the most reasonable places we could find. I think that it might have been like$2..75/slice for filled cake.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We used Keys bakery in Forest Lake and they were great.  We were anticipating 200 guests and our cake cost about $500 for a 5-layer stacked cake with 3 different flavors.
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is in the east though, but Bread Art in Bayport is very reasonable, we are going to have 4 tier cake, serving about 220 guests for about $500 and that includes delivery & cake stand. Their cake tastes wonderful too!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Keys Cafe!  We didn't end up using them but the cake was awesome and so were the prices!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • klboasklboas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kake Kreations by Kathy.  She does the cakes out of her home, but she is licensed and her cakes are abosolutely delicious!  Only $2.20/serving - we're spending $430 for 186 servints and delivery (from Elk River to Blaine).
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Sam's Club or Costco?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh ditto PP.  I LOVE Costco cake!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Great suggestions!! Thank you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards