Getting in Shape

workout Accountaibility: Monday

It's Monday ...

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I don't know about you, but the weeks are flying by here! It's crazy.

I had a good weekend overall. We got a lot accomplished around the house: FI's garage now has electricity and almost has heat (very important now, it's snowing lightly this morning), and I cut and installed six blinds that have been needing to be done forever. Our spare room is almost functional now (it's been storage for the garage since we moved into the house in June), and I made a healthy casserole for supper. Other than the drama of DD refusing to eat it - she's like that, but it still ruins my weekend - it was a good time.

I upped my workout yesterday. I did 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, but added JM's Yoga Meltdown to the mix as well. I think that's how I'm going to do things this month: cardio and a dvd to bring me up to an hour a day.

I'm back to being 11lbs away from my revised goal, which means I'm one away from my original!

Your turn!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: workout Accountaibility: Monday

• Morning!

I did not get in any formal workouts this weekend but  without having a car FI and I got loads of walking in and we were lugging heavy things with us so that has to count for something.
    Food is on target but wedding stress is kicking in. NWR but We are a bit bummed because with only 12 days to go and RSVPs past, a big chunk of FI's family just decided they can no longer make it -so our already small wedding just got a lot smaller and now we feel bad that friends we wanted to invite but didnt because of space would have been able to come afterall.

sounds like somebody ( this guy) has a case of the mondays.

Cheers all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning all!

Of course the plague that DH came home with last week seeped over to me. I don't feel like death but I have a healthy amount of annoying congestion to deal with.

Friday my neck was still feeling just a bit stiff/sore, but I went to the gym and got 20 minutes on the stairmaster and 35 minutes on the elliptical. Glad I forced myself to quickly get to the gym before my friends came over. We went to see Sinister and the movie did NOT disappoint!

Saturday morning I so badly wanted to go to body pump, but the worse part of the cold had taken over so intstead of getting out of bed at 10am to go to the gym I rolled over and slept till 1pm. I did manage to go to the gym a bit later though, but I only did 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Yesterday I was still feeling a little yucky but I didn't let it stop me once again! Made it to the gym and got 20 minutes on the stairmaster, 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes of weightlifting and 20 minutes on the treadmill! I was totally dead by the end of it, and I feel a bit like a failure because I went right from the gym to McDonalds and got a mcflurry and fries (I haven't been to McDonalds in MONTHS...I don't know why I couldn't shake the craving)

On the whole it was sort of a disappointing weekend. It's my birthday today and DH didn't do anything special or plan anything for the weekend...I highly doubt he's got something up his sleeve for today either. He's never really been the type to plan surprises and when he asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I didn't have an answer so I guess I shouldn't expect miracles. It doesn't help either that at work you get a sign over your cubicle on your birthday and people bring in treats...only this is the second year in a row I haven't gotten a sign or treats (I think my name may have somehow gotten removed from the birthday spreadsheet)....Guess I'll just have my own pity party today instead.
  • Happy Birthday Entropic!

Thursday night I did the eliptical for a bit and did some abs.  

Friday was the wedding and though I barely ate anything I sure drank a lot so that wasn't good.

Saturday I was hung over and craving greasy food so no exercise and food was BAD.

Sunday we had so much to do since we did squat Saturday.  Food was a bit better and we brought DB to a dog park and walked around for an hour.  It wasn't intense exercise but it was something!

Today food is already a lot better.  I'm also going to start back up with myfitnesspal even though I'm sure I wont like what I see with my food.  Tonight should be a lifting night for me and I might try and fit in a quick eliptical session since I feel like I haven't really worked out in a few days.
  • Entropic, Happy Birthday!!  I love birthdays and think they are super special -honestly I think they are above Christmas on the importance factor and last year I had to kind of "skip" my birthday and was super bummed about it so I get where you are coming from.

I know its not much consolation but a crazy big ( as big as a post online from a stranger can be) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

I hope you have the most amazing year-and really how can you not? You are starting it out with a shiny new husband and your in great shape because you kick  ass in combat class  and you have seriously the best internet friends ever who (judging  by our posts on here) are all a bunch of wine-o's who would happily thrown down a bottle of the good stuff with you if we could! Oh and we are hilarious but above all humble and modest :P

if this doesnt cheer you up I ask that you listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZib6axjuA

Happy Birthday Dear, I hope I was at least able to get you to crack a small smile :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning everybody!

Phew, where to start!  Friday I had my medical tests (still waiting on results) but had some adverse reactions (SEVERE intestinal bloating and distention, gross) so I was out of commission all day on Friday.  Saturday I was still without power so I spent the day traveling between friends' houses seeking shelter.  It knocked me so off my game, because it was a week without solid sleep, no exercise, and vaccillating between not being able to eat and having to eat meals at restaurants constantly because I didn't have power to cook anything!

BUT... the power is back on!  And I was determined to start this week fresh and renewed in my routine.  I was really dreading getting back to the gym, because I feared that it would be painful given the week off that I took.  But it felt so great!  Sunday I ran 7 miles (in 63 minutes, woo hoo!) and did pilates.  I then got to cook a nutritious dinner of veggie burgers with broccoli and potatoes.  It felt SO GOOD to get back into the routine and I feel like I have renewed vigor for my fitness, which had been waning before.  So there's the silver lining, I'm not taking the ability to eat healthy and be active for granted!

Today I've packed a bag to go the gym after work (because it's always stopping at home that kills my motivation), and am planning on doing some biking there and some more pilates at home. 

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountaibility-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0b8c581c-50a4-4c9d-9be4-a8da2649f14dPost:cc696b4b-86e8-4bdd-9d58-02c2c8ef48d9">Re: workout Accountaibility: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Entropic, Happy Birthday!!  I love birthdays and think they are super special -honestly I think they are above Christmas on the importance factor and last year I had to kind of "skip" my birthday and was super bummed about it so I get where you are coming from. I know its not much consolation but a crazy big ( as big as a post online from a stranger can be) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I hope you have the most amazing year-and really how can you not? You are starting it out with a shiny new husband and your in great shape because you kick  ass in combat class  and you have seriously the best internet friends ever who (judging  by our posts on here) are all a bunch of wine-o's who would happily thrown down a bottle of the good stuff with you if we could! Oh and we are hilarious but above all humble and modest :P if this doesnt cheer you up I ask that you listen to this song: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZib6axjuA" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZib6axjuA</a> Happy Birthday Dear, I hope I was at least able to get you to crack a small smile :)
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL thanks Souptin, you did make me laugh. I'm not actually depressed just slightly disappointed. Bonus though, the VP of marketing & advertising sent me a happy birthday note, so I guess at least the big man himself remembered (If I had to guess he has everyones birthdays programmed into his calendar with little pop up reminders lol)

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountaibility-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0b8c581c-50a4-4c9d-9be4-a8da2649f14dPost:cc0b66ba-d71d-4d29-803b-f9609f530cc6">Re: workout Accountaibility: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: workout Accountaibility: Monday : I feel like we should make this the new description at the top of the GIS board, with maybe something added in about "Oh, and sometimes we work out too".  Love this, souptin!
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

<div>Here here! I agree, this should be added to the description! People would know what they were getting into then before even posting :)</div>
  • lol - I've wondered the same thing, kwith!

Happy birthday, Entropic!!

Glad you're feeling better, Choagie!

This thread is entirely too happy and upbeat to be a Monday thread ... this must stop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • this thread IS very anti-Monday in it's cheerfulness.  but i wholeheartedly agree.  two thumbs up for all the support that's happening.  that's why this board is the best!

and thanks for the well-wishes with my medical stuff, it's very much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards