Ohio-Toledo
Options

And the strange RSVPs have begun lol

We got our first RSVPs that didn't follow directions today.

Let me begin by saying that our RSVPs were set up with the names of those invited on a line and then they could check (or circle) "will attend" or "not attend." Thus far, FI's family is losing at filling things out correctly.

One of FI's aunts sent hers back with just "will attend" circled for herself, and didn't choose anything for her 2 kids. One of FI's cousins sent back just the little business card sized note telling him that he was free to bring a guest, just to fill in his guest's name on the blank line on his RSVP before sending it back (we left a blank line on the cards for those who were invited +1). I have no idea if this means he is coming and bringing a guest, or if he's coming at all. Looks like I'm going to need FI to contact his family and see what's up - or ask his mom to do it.

Did any of your RSVPs come back strangely or do you anticipate any of them coming back filled out oddly?
Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't get as detailed as you did with our RSVPs.  We set ours up like so:

M_____________
    ____ will attend
    ____ will not attend

We had 1 RSVP where the person didn't include their name.  We were able to look at the postmark and compare with what RSVPs were missing and make an educated guess.  We called that person to confirm.

We also had 2 or 3 RSVPs not come back so we had to call those people.

We had invited 1 family where someone wasn't able to come.  The RSVP just had a note at the bottom saying "just 3 of us, X can't make it!"

Ummm.  I think that's it.  We really didn't have too many issues with the responses, but our guest list was fairly small too.

You can call your friends and family in question, FI can call his.  You'll probably have more to follow up on.  No big deal!  Good luck!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I am not looking forward to these!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had to do detailed RSVPs because both sides of the family are HUGE and we cut off after 1st cousins. We wanted to make sure that there were no doubts about who was invited.

I've already warned FI that he might have quite a few calls to make lol He's not looking forward to it.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:fa657e7b-3dd7-462f-971a-3a2b02f0b190">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL, I am not looking forward to these!!
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  The thought stress's me out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting RSVPs back is an adventure.  Filling one out should not be such a hard task.  Be grateful that you are getting them back, there are some people who don't understand that reason you included a self addressed stamped envelope is because you want it back, regardless of the response.  Those silly little cards are one of the many reasons you couldn't pay me to plan another wedding.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:b446140f-38f5-402a-81fa-157ca7f60887">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting RSVPs back is an adventure.  Filling one out should not be such a hard task.  Be grateful that you are getting them back, there are some people who don't understand that reason you included a self addressed stamped envelope is because you want it back, regardless of the response.  Those silly little cards are one of the many reasons you couldn't pay me to plan another wedding.
    Posted by christieep[/QUOTE]

FI's dad & step mom just handed him the RSVP, sealed in the envelope with the stamp still on it. I told them I'd just drop it in the mailbox for them because I wasn't wasting a good stamp. I just brought it home and opened it though. My mom peeled the stamp off and it'll be good as new with a little extra glue. I'm not gonna lie though, it irked me just a little.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thinking about this makes me break out in a cold sweat! LOL  I really hope my guests actually rsvp and they don't just assume we know they're coming. I have a smaller guest list and a majority are family and close friends. I'm hoping they do rsvp. Ugh, sweating now. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:03472875-dbb8-41db-a6d1-bf0abbccc958">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thinking about this makes me break out in a cold sweat! LOL  I really hope my guests actually rsvp and they don't just assume we know they're coming. I have a smaller guest list and a majority are family and close friends. I'm hoping they do rsvp. Ugh, sweating now. lol
    Posted by jenn8088[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you'll be making a lot of calls and sending a lot of e-mails to the non-responders. I see the same thing in my near future...We've heard from about 50% of the people with just over a week left to RSVP.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    alyn418alyn418 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting back RSVP's for more people than were on the invite.  Family seems to be the worst.  My grandfather his invite was to him and my stepgrandmother he rsvp'd for himself his wife and his sister and her husband, whom were not invited to the wedding.  We've had to call people and have that akward conversation about sorry but you weren't invited 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:1b031cc5-4ac6-46f2-a5ed-32d7691fca3b">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting back RSVP's for more people than were on the invite.  Family seems to be the worst.  My grandfather his invite was to him and my stepgrandmother he rsvp'd for himself his wife and his sister and her husband, whom were not invited to the wedding.  We've had to call people and have that akward conversation about sorry but you weren't invited 
    Posted by alyn418[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why we ended up putting the exact names of those who were invited on the RSVP. We thought maybe they'd get the hint when the invite was only addressed to those who were listed on the RSVP and there were no extra lines to add people (unless they had a +1). I'm just hoping that people know to only bring those who were on the RSVP to the actual wedding. Now THAT would be akward.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Im glad I read this post! I had no idea it would be such a hassel haha, I may put peoples names on the RSVPs just to be safe now thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would've paid someone $1000 to deal with my invitations and rsvp's!  I hated having to track people down for their addresses. 

We invited DH's Aunt and Uncle (just 2 people on the invite and she RSVP'd for 12.  WTF!  DH called her and told her that we only intended to invite the 2 of them and sent invites to each of their children seperately since they live on their own.  DH ended up compromising with them bringing 2 people with them.  For whatever reason she always has an entourage with them. She will bring 4-5 random people over to visit.  

In the end, they never showed to the reception.  So that was $100 we wasted on them.  But it's ok because she is a klepto and I was worried she was going to steal my centerpieces. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:8518a620-8cb8-4c49-a15c-fd5274d2aa50">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would've paid someone $1000 to deal with my invitations and rsvp's!  I hated having to track people down for their addresses.  We invited DH's Aunt and Uncle (just 2 people on the invite and she RSVP'd for 12.  WTF!  DH called her and told her that we only intended to invite the 2 of them and sent invites to each of their children seperately since they live on their own.  DH ended up compromising with them bringing 2 people with them.  For whatever reason she always has an entourage with them. She will bring 4-5 random people over to visit.   In the end, they never showed to the reception.  So that was $100 we wasted on them.  But it's ok because she is a klepto and I was worried she was going to steal my centerpieces. 
    Posted by Castillo2B[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle!!! Who did she rsvp for? Does she have the brady bunch living with her? Im so sorry Im not being rude, I'm just really am curious. Who were the extra people? her friends or kids?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

She said they were people from her church which translates to any random people. Neighbors, friends of there grandchildren.  Basically people random people they know that would want a free meal and open bar.  Every family has that tiny branch that they try to avoid.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had to deal with RSVP crap. Seems like FI is still losing at having his people do things right. Mine are just not sending theirs back, which is fine because I just have to call to check if they're coming, not call to explain that they can't bring people or something.

The latest is that when invites were sent out, one was sent to 2 of FI's friends who are/were a couple. They were living together and everything. They have since broken up and the guy moved out. FI came home one day last week and said that guy friend is coming to the wedding and bringing a date. I said no. They were invited as a couple and I understand that they are no longer together, but the only way guy friend is going to be able to bring a date is if girl friend RSVPs no. We just don't have the extra available seats at this point to allow for extra people. FI asked what we would do if girl friend didn't send her RSVP back, and I told him that he would call her and ask if she was coming, making no mention of the fact that guy friend now wants to bring someone else. She'll have the chance to make her decision independent of the fact that her ex now wants to bring someone else. They are both friends of FI, so it's not like she was just a girl his friend was dating or anything.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow chica, that stinks.  Hopefully they keep the drama to a minimum or maybe end up getting back together before the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they broke up when she called him an a-hole and started throwing stuff at him. I don't think they'll get back together in 3 weeks :-/ Especially since he's already found someone else he wants to bring. Stranger things have happened though. I just hope she doesn't take it upon herself to request a +1 now too.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hope for you and your FI sake, that they are both respectful enough not to cause drama and drag you guys into it leading up to or at the wedding.  Look on the bright side, at least they are not in the BP.Wink

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_strange-rsvps-begun-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1596475c-537d-4f1b-96ff-4e992b5f1a5ePost:29f7aa57-9128-4212-80f6-0fdcfaf3dc06">Re: And the strange RSVPs have begun lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look on the bright side, at least they are not in the BP.
    Posted by Castillo2B[/QUOTE]

THIS is exactly why my aunt is waiting to introduce my sister to a guy she thinks would be better for my sis than her current bf! She even told me she's arranged for them to meet at some unknown to me date <em>after</em> the wedding.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards