Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Reception Change in Attire?

Hi Ladies. I'm asking for some help. I would like to change into another dress for my reception after the cake cutting, toasts, dinner, etc. These will take place within the first hour to hour and a half. So, basically for the dancing and mingling portion of the reception. My fianc thinks I should wear white since I am the bride. I would like to wear a silver color. The dress is a short dress. Our wedding colors are Canary Yellow and Pewter/Gray. What color do you think would be best for my reception dress?
Thanking you in advance.
click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary

Re: Wedding Reception Change in Attire?

• Options
    The best color is the color that you love. If you find yourself beautiful in the dress, it doesn't matter what color it is! :)

Since you're the bride, maybe you could keep the veil on your head wihile wearing the party dress, so everybody will know you are the bride, but a ready-to-party bride!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-reception-change-in-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5f97c511-7bad-4ee6-bf41-0cf1d075d248Post:fa6778a4-9b37-4aa8-8b18-a30bc4906c8d">Re: Wedding Reception Change in Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The best color is the color that you love. If you find yourself beautiful in the dress, it doesn't matter what color it is! :) Since you're the bride, maybe you could keep the veil on your head wihile wearing the party dress, so everybody will know you are the bride, but a ready-to-party bride!
    Posted by SnowWhiteMontreal[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for your advice! Here's the issue: I actually wanted white, but white will not be in time for the wedding. So, I thought silver was the next best option. It's more of a convenience thing in getting that particular dress I like in silver. I can shop some department stores, but I feel like it may be hard to find a white cocktail dress that is within my budget and I actually like...so that's where the idea of silver came from. </div>
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options

Depending on what your budget is, some bridesmaid dress designers offer white or off-white color choices, so if you really want white, you can think about ordering there...

I just bought my "going away" dress (so I don't have to take my gown on my honeymoon!!) at White House Black Market on sale for 90 bucks.  I feel like everyone's having summer clearance sales now and you might be able to finding a white dress now and saving it for the wedding!  That's what I'm doing with mine!

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    You might be surprised at how many gorgeous short white dresses are available, especially this time of year, in all price ranges.  I think you need to go shopping!!!!!
  • Options
    try asos.com
    they have alot of beautiful white cocktail dresses. some of them are a bit priceie but most of them are pretty afordable.
  • Options
    silver, as you have already wear white during the ceremony. a lot of my friends wear white during the reception and then change into other colours and something short afterwards
  • Options
    I echo the White House Black Market comment. I got both my shower and my post-reception dress/rehearsal dress there. They have a lot of really cute and fun white dresses to fit any body type and any style!
  • Options
    What about the 2-in-1 dresses that transform into a reception dress? :)

http://www.whiteazalea.com/7-2-in-1-wedding-dresses

Best of luck and congrats!! :)
  • Options
    I just bought a silver reception dress as well. My future husband will be wearing a dark grey tux so I like the idea of the silver to coordinate with him.  My wedding dress is a mermaid style so it is built more for looks than for comfort.  I am planning on doing the entrance to the reception, first dance, and father -daughter dance while in my wedding dress and then change into my reception dress during the mother- son dance.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards