Indiana
Options

anyone else doing cupcakes instand of a cake

i'm doing cupcakes and me and my mom and sister are makeing them the night before (i love bakeing) do i sound crazy for doing this

Re: anyone else doing cupcakes instand of a cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally I would make them 2 nights before.  I highly reccomend a relaxing night before with a clear mind and 1 tylenol pm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol well also the night before we are going to the place to set up everything so i might do it 2 nights before
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing cupcakes, but we are having a baker do them. We don't want the added stress. I agree with the previous post and do them 2 days before.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding this summer where they had made cupcakes, and used them as the centerpieces.  They had cupcake stands and the cupcakes displayed.  I actually thought it was pretty cute....then they have a giant cupcake for the cake cutting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know how to do the giant cupcake but would love to do it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen a giant cupcake, but I have seen a small cake the B and G cut into.  That cake could be specially for the immediately family or bridal party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BB&B has giant cupcake cooking pans
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also get the giant cupcake at Michael's (use a coupon! woohoo!) and it's two pans (one for the "frosting" and one for the base) and then you put the "frosting"-layer on top and secure it with icing, just like normal layers. We are doing cupcakes but found them at $2 each so I'd rather do that than make them myself- plus they have amazing flavors I couldn't possibly do!
  • Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Micheals and a couple other places having a baking tray for the large cupcake (target or walmart?!) GL!! I would highly, highly recommend doing them ahead of time! Cupcakes freeze very well too if freshness is an issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am!  I am not baking them, though... too much work!  I did find an awesome cupcake tower at saveoncrafts.com, though.  It is just white cardboard and super cheap ($30 or so) and we are decorating with ribbon, etc. to match my decor.  Fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are going shopping this weekend to get more wedding stuff i will see what i can find if all else fails i will have my brother in law make a layer cake for the top cause or family is big on the you get the top layer take it home and eat it on your 1st ann
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about making them ahead of time freezing them and then only having to decorate them the night before. That's what alot of bakeries do. It's supposed to help them stay moist. I think if you bake them have to wait for them to cool and than decorate that will be alot to take on the night before you get married.
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing cupcakes, we are going to make plain sheet cake and then place pieces in a cake box (wedge shaped) and them stack them into a 3 tier cake that I will decorate with paper and such.But similar idea.  We are baking on Thursday, for a Saturday Wedding
  • Options
    taralynn88taralynn88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to do cupcakes instead of a cake. I found this great website that has lots of edible decor and goodies: http://www.fancyflours.com/site/index.html So we'll probably bake them ourselves a day or two in advance. Ooh also, I just bought like 10 different flavored oils from that site to try them out. I figured to save time and work, we will just make half plain chocolate cupcakes, half plain white cupcakes, then flavor the buttercream icing with these flavorings and decorate. We're going to try it when I recieve the oils. Has anyone else ever used these? I think it should work....we'll see!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Concannon's in Muncie quoted us 3 dozen cupcakes for less than $20, and they are TASTY! I think the filled cupcakes are a little more, and their delivery charge is very reasonable.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards