Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Anyone freaking out about choosing Ivory??

I know some of you have seen my dress already, I ordered it a few weeks ago. The sample I tried was ivory (I believe that is the color in pic) and I always thought I would get a white dress, but I liked the sample and was nervous ordering the white when I hadn't seen it ever.  I'm kinda freaking out and wondering if I made the right choice.  Has anyone or is anyone going through this??

Re: Anyone freaking out about choosing Ivory??

• Options
    Unless you stand next to someone in a stark-white dress (which nobody will be wearing, trust me), nobody will notice. The difference is so subtle, it really only matters in what goes best with your skin tone.
  • Options
    Mine is ivory lace over champagne satin - I'm pale (and like to be pale) with blonde hair so white would look bad and really wash me out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    I've always found ivory to be more universally flattering so I really wouldn't worry about it. And as PP said, unless someone in a stark white dress stands next to you, know one will be able to tell the difference.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of brides worry about the same thing, and it's really not a big deal.

There's only a minor difference between ivory and white  I don't think anyone (except a shopping bride, ha) would know the difference without seeing the two side by side.

Ivory is white, for all intents and purposes.  Stop stressing about it  Goodness knows you have enough other things to worry about.
  • Options
    Mine is ivory and I love it. I find white wedding dresses to be so stark white. Ivory looked better on me than white
  • Options
    Me! But it's the other way around.  I got a lace dress in ivory.. what EVERYONE liked best on me.. but I really liked the "light gold" which is ivory lace over light gold satin.  I have light brown skin.. I thought the light gold looked less stark whitish against my skin.  I've already ordered the dress and I think I wish I had gotten the light gold..so bummed!
  • Options
    Most wedding dresses are ivory color simply because pure white rarely looks good in pictures.  No one can tell the difference. This is especially true of dresses made from natural materials like pure silk.  How white your dress will look totally depends on the type of lighting.

It will look fine. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    DBigham13DBigham13 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Honestly, I prefer ivory over white the more I see the two colors.  Ivory is still white, but softer and more flattering to a variety of skin tones.  Don't worry about it so much. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards